Need recomendations please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2me

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for a better filter for my small community tank, 60L (about 15/16G) housing tetras and cory's at the moment.

I have a Marina s15 HOB filter that the tank came with. I need something very simple and that will not take up too much space....just wondered If anybody could throw out some ideas please, much appreciated, thanks.

Are you looking for another HOB? I got a canister filter on my 20 gallon and it works great.

Are you looking for another HOB? I got a canister filter on my 20 gallon and it works great.

I really don't know anything about canister filters?! I think a HOB works well for me due to lack of space....I am assuming canisters sit outside of tank? do u have a pic of yours/what's your called? Thanks

Yea it sits underneath the tank, you have two hoses one for input and the other brings water back to your tank. Don't have pics but if you YouTube it you'll get plenty of results. I have the Fluval 306. You can get a Fluval 206, but if space is a premium go with the HOB. I had the marineland penguin 200 before, but didn't like it, the filter pads would get gunked up in a week and then the water would go around it instead of through it.

Yea it sits underneath the tank, you have two hoses one for input and the other brings water back to your tank. Don't have pics but if you YouTube it you'll get plenty of results. I have the Fluval 306. You can get a Fluval 206, but if space is a premium go with the HOB. I had the marineland penguin 200 before, but didn't like it, the filter pads would get gunked up in a week and then the water would go around it instead of through it.

Ah yes, have seen these...think they are a bit beyond me at the moment, thanks for info tho! Definitely need a HOB then....I know what you mean about gunked-up cartridges then water flow being disturbed! Mine does that too!

Back
Top Bottom