Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stopher912007

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had a simple 10 gal planted freshwater tank since about November and was just recently given a 20 gal. With this new tank I moved everything from my 10 to it plants and all. My thoughts were to now take my 10 gal and turn it into a saltwater tank. Do you think it is worth it to attempt this?

I have had a simple 10 gal planted freshwater tank since about November and was just recently given a 20 gal. With this new tank I moved everything from my 10 to it plants and all. My thoughts were to now take my 10 gal and turn it into a saltwater tank. Do you think it is worth it to attempt this?
If you're going to, plan out what you would like to keep. Do you want corals? or just live rock and fish? Plan out the fish you want to keep as well. Purchase the right equipment like refractometers and so on. It can be done but plan ahead as it will help a ton in the future.

I was planning on having this tank in my office as a nice visual for anyone who comes in. That's why I was thinking saltwater because they have such vibrant colored fish to choose from.

I was planning on having this tank in my office as a nice visual for anyone who comes in. That's why I was thinking saltwater because they have such vibrant colored fish to choose from.
It really is an interesting side of the hobby.

i've heard that saltwater tanks are difficult to keep when they're small. everyone's always said that bigger is better when it comes to them. i'm also not really sure what saltwater fish will live happily in a 10 gallon tank, but i'm not all that educated on saltwater so there may be some i don't know about. if you decide to do it, have fun! if you decide to stick with freshwater, go find some good looking cobra guppies. those ALWAYS light up a tank and are great in smaller environments. or if you want to invest in the blue light, glofish give a nice colorful addition to any room.

Back
Top Bottom