Need stocking help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdepriest6009

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so here it is my wife wants to turn her once betta tank into a community tank. The tank is a 10g half-moon tank with a penguin 100 bio-wheel filter and a heater that came with the tank as a kit. The tank has 2 juli corys and 2 albino corys in it atm she doesn't want any swordtails and she ain't that found of guppies either.
What would some good fish to add to the tank with the current corrys in it

So the bettas not gonna be there anymore? What about some tetras? Im partial to the neon or cardinal tetras. You could put a school of 6-7 in it.

instead of tetras you could do a small school of 5 or 6 zebra danios or a few harlequin rasboras

I don't know what size tank glofish need but I'm pretty partial to those. My daughter has a couple right now in her 20g(working on getting more) and they're feisty active little suckers, plus we've got some LED lights that have the black light effect at night and it's pretty wicked...the fish literally look like they're florescent.

Yea she kinda likes those. She has been looking at platys and mollies pretty good when we go to the lfs or even walmart and stuff

madaboutshrimp said:
I don't know what size tank glofish need but I'm pretty partial to those. My daughter has a couple right now in her 20g(working on getting more) and they're feisty active little suckers, plus we've got some LED lights that have the black light effect at night and it's pretty wicked...the fish literally look like they're florescent.

Glofish and zebra danios (same thing... Just color variants) need 20 gallon minimum... Too active. How about platys?

Homedog98 said:
Glofish and zebra danios (same thing... Just color variants) need 20 gallon minimum... Too active. How about platys?

We was thinking about platys. Would mollys do ok with platys or not. And I knew that the danios wouldn't work the tank is a bit taller than anything with it being a half-moon tank.

No mollies... 30 gallon minimum for them... They can get rather large. Hmm... I'm doing neons and a Betta in my 10 gallon... But that's only because I've never had neons. If it gives you an idea, heres what I'm doing in my ten:

6 neon tetra
2 African Dwarf Frogs
3 ottos
1 male betta

It's gonna have a 30 gallon aquaclear filter. You could do something like that, if you'd like to get back into bettas. What does she like?

She had a betta in there but we lost the betta awhile back and she doesn't wanna go back to one and the same with swords.

hmm... does she like rasboras? those and neons would be cool to have around... with maybe a DG as a centerpiece fish?

Homedog98 said:
hmm... does she like rasboras? those and neons would be cool to have around... with maybe a DG as a centerpiece fish?

Sorry homedog but I know she doesn't like neon very well and I found some pics of rasboras and she said no to those too. Though we was in petsmart and she found some guppys there that she kinda likes. Sorry bout all the pickyness, did I mention that she is pregnant lol.

Lol I see. Take her to the LFS, and let her pick out a few she likes. Come home and see if they'd be ok, and go back and buy them.

That is what I'm trying to do anytime we go to walmart or petsmart I get her to the fish just so she look at them and I can get ideas. And dont worry I'm not going to buy the fish from walmart I'm just using them to get some ideas is all.

Thanks for the advice guys I will have to find pics and show her them tonight to see what she thinks I hope she can decide on something

Fishman13 said:
Look at some Black Skirt Tetras and Red Minor Tetras. They are cool fish IMO. :)

Cool fish... But need bigger tanks. I have black skirts... They hardly have ANY swimming room in my ten. (that's why I'm upgrading to the 29)

i got it!!!!!!!!!!! your wife will love it
6-endler livebearers,
1-dwarf gourami,
6-pygmy corys it be beautiful!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom