need to move my tanks for decorating..HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzycomosy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
I have 2 Jewel fish tanks on stands, my problem is how do you move a 450 litre and a 260 litre tank that are well matured. In the 5ft there are lots of baby fish and a lot of mature fish.In the 4ft they are all angel fish and parrot fish they are on a wooden floor but the thought of trying to move them is frightening but I need to move them away from the wall for decorating has anyone got any idea's.

Those are some large tanks. How low can you get the water in the tanks without harming the fish? Fortunately, the water does not hold your bacteria. As long as your filter media and your substrate are wet, you should be okay. It sounds like draining the tanks down as far as possible so you can slide them away from the wall is your only bet. If the tanks have to be drained real low to move them, moving your fish out to temporary buckets is your only solution. You can refill the tanks away from the wall and put the fish back in if decorating will take a while. Then repeat the process when you need to put the tanks back.

Back
Top Bottom