Need urgent advice for very sick flowerhorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amol

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I having very smart flowerhorn 1 year old, as i was out of station 1 week ,i observe that his one side stomach is bloated , and not eating any thing.

I tried to give him epsom salt (magnesium sulphate ) bath but no result.
i guess it is constipation problem and read that its very risky..
can anyone help me what i can do best to save him. after salt bath he becomes active and chasing other fish but no waste disposal...

I am attaching his both side photos to more understanding.Your help can save him please fast i have no days left

photos for referance

Photos for referance

Attachments

• IMG_20160625_235200.jpg
    IMG_20160625_235200.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20160625_235141.jpg
    IMG_20160625_235141.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 107
Try frozen peas dethaw take the outter shell off an feed him a few peas will help with or blanched peas

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Try injecting some epsom salt solution mixed with pellets...let the pellets soak in the epsom salt solution and crush them. Then u inject it in the fhs mouth. Do this treatment for 4 to 5 days. Let me know what happems after that

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk

Peas have helped with this many times before with this. If he's not eating starve him for 3 days with absolutely no food and then throw some peas in without the shells...if that doesn't work I recommend API full spectrum antibiotics. That worked as well just expensive to treat a large aquarium. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just a note, that could also be a blockage and not just constipation. It could be an infection, and definitely try the peas and the epsom salt, but if it's a blockage it'll have a harder time clearing than just constipation in my experience.

If you were away for one week, did he eat anything?

Back
Top Bottom