Needed to tell someone who'd understand :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovin Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning I couldn't find my 7" spotted sailfin. Usually he is moving across the glass or on the driftwood. But, this morning no where.

I finally found him :(I have no clue as to how he did it, but he was laying outside the tank. Just horrible! I feel just awful, and I know that other fish keepers would understand why I feel so bad. My husband is annoyed that I am so disturbed by the loss of my fish; After all qoute: "it's just a fish...you eat fish don't you?" :end qoute

Well, I found a tiny little opening about 1" in across and 1" high near the HOB filter. He is such a wide fish! I really don't know how he did it, or why?? :bawl:It's just terrible. Poor guy :nono:

Anyway, thanks for "listening".

i lost some of my dragons like that . it realy sucks. i now have all holes pluged and they cant get out.

I mean they r pets, just like dogs. I've had my 2 oscars over 5 years and I bet i'll cry when they die!!!!! Some people just don't get it!!!

I lost my crayfish that way this weekend. Found him all the way across the apartment by the front door. He took a long walk before he dried out. I'm still sad about it. I was devastated when I lost my angelfish about a year ago after not quarantining new additions. Will never do that again. As I lost them one by one over about a week I just felt helpless, nothing I did helped them. Fish really are pets, just like a dog or cat. Living in a tank and not being able to cuddle them or pet them doesn't make them disposable.

:( I'm so sorry for your loss!

There is something about fish that just makes (non-fish) peoples' brains shut off, IMO. I have pet chickens, and I eat chicken, but I would never eat MY chickens... Same with my fish! They are not food, they are pets! It's different when you see them every day, and even more different when you are responsible for their care. :( I'm sorry that your husband can't support you and comfort you whether he understands or not! That's what marriage is for!

So sorry! I lost my baby tang eel today I believe I fed him too much freeze dried blood worms, he bloated and died. I felt so sad and my GF just gave me a weird look:(

I just lost my killifish Sofie and the Otto she tried to swallow and choked on. I feel your pain, my husband called and I could hear the eye roll over the phone. Silly boys, not all but at least mine.

Oh I'm so sorry. I just posted a few days ago about how to euthanize my beloved Oranda. My husband pulled the same Stuff in these parts. Unfortunately, for us, things go wrong, fortunately for our pets, they get the best we can give. Don't beat yourself up girl, clearly your buddy had a good life and nobody needs to judge you. I put my guy through newbie hell before I got a grasp on soooo much. Keep fighting the good fight.

XO

My 13 year old (yes I'm not kidding) kuhli loach passed today and my wife said sorry but it's a dumb fish get over it. She doesn't understand he was my little buddy had him in 6 different tanks, three states, moved 6 times with him and survived the beer spill incident back in my college days. When fish live that long you can't help but get attached. I'm sorry for your loss.

Discusapisto said:
My 13 year old (yes I'm not kidding) kuhli loach passed today and my wife said sorry but it's a dumb fish get over it. She doesn't understand he was my little buddy had him in 6 different tanks, three states, moved 6 times with him and survived the beer spill incident back in my college days. When fish live that long you can't help but get attached. I'm sorry for your loss.

They just don't get it.

I understand your pain. Just recently I found my wrasse on the glass center brace of the tank. My husband didn't understand. His solution was to go out and buy another fish for the tank and surprise me. However, that wrasse isn't reef safe. So now, even though he meant well- I have a deceased fish and another I have to try to catch

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for caring. Thank you for sharing your losses. It is so very heartbeaking. Ya know? I never would have thought I'd ever be attached to fish. Then, my son got a fish tank and I ended up falling in love with fish and now have names for all my fish. Our Pleco was "Egor". The kids named him. It has been a week now and everytime I walk passed where he I found him, I get sick to my stomache. I know it will pass.

I am sorry that each of you have also experienced losses of your beloved fish. My husband didn't understand, but you all did and it was good to see I am not a nut after all; that there are many others who trully love their fish too.

Thank you sooooo much for you support.

Back
Top Bottom