needing to move a betta with clamped fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my baby betta zeus has been in a 2 gall bowl for a few months now and I've been meaning to get him a filter but with my goldfish tank having nitrate spikes and ph crashes I just havent had the time. Now he's got clamped fin. Hasnt been feeling real great for the past few days. Now I have a 5gal I can transpher him too and gravel I can get out of my existing tank. I also have plants to put in. I need some help on exactly how to set this up. I was told he needs a heater and possibly some meds. I've only ever had one betta and he was a birthday present from a friend help :( can I quickly cycle my 5gal? What if I added 5gals of my tank water gravel and old filter media?

Miyavp said:
So my baby betta zeus has been in a 2 gall bowl for a few months now and I've been meaning to get him a filter but with my goldfish tank having nitrate spikes and ph crashes I just havent had the time. Now he's got clamped fin. Hasnt been feeling real great for the past few days. Now I have a 5gal I can transpher him too and gravel I can get out of my existing tank. I also have plants to put in. I need some help on exactly how to set this up. I was told he needs a heater and possibly some meds. I've only ever had one betta and he was a birthday present from a friend help :( can I quickly cycle my 5gal? What if I added 5gals of my tank water gravel and old filter media?

I had to move my betta from a 6gallon to a 16 I just moved all deco substrate etc & his filter added some of his tank water then topped up with fresh. He was fine you,ll need to keep an eye on his paras doing pwc when needed. :)

A fish clamping his fins is usually a water quality problem, and should get better with weekly water changes. Try two partial water changes a week with properly conditioned and temperature-matched water. That should help.

Back
Top Bottom