Neolamprologus Multifaciatus Spawn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a 20 gallon long tank that I plan on putting mine in. I have 20 pounds of sand which is going to be covered with gold mouth turbo snail shells. I may put in a few live vals and a rock or two while I'm at it. Do you do anything to your water to increase the pH and hardness?

I ordered some Carib Sea Eco-Complete African Cichlid Sand that is supposed to buffer the water at a pH above 8. I also bought some Seachem Tanganyika Buffer and Cichlid Lake Salt. My water is normally at a neutral pH and somewhat soft without treatment.

WaterPond said:
My Multies FINALY spawned, i found a few little babies bee-bopping around daddy's shell. I will try my best to get pics!

They are so cute, little blue eyes with bodies.
darn you :twisted: all the cichlids i am trying to breed, spawn for you!

LOL maybe i need to have you ship me some of that canadian H2O... :roll:

anyways, CONGRATS!!!!! :D

WaterPond said:
$10/ 1gallon jug plus shipping :)

My water is somewhat hard normally...
mine is naturaly had too 8.0 PH, 13 degrees KH and 23 degrees GH, mine might still be to young yet though...

IME with shellies (and multies in particular), it's far more important to have high water quality versus having the "perfect" water parameters.

LMAO!

Im really starting to think that before i actually tried to get fish to spawn. The minute i give up, they start to spawn.

I bought my apistos because they are darn purdy, and the multies because they are fun to watch. Although i wanted them to spawn i just gave them things they would have in their natural habitat. I didnt expect them to spawn, but i hoped. I never fussed over chemistry, but i always fuss over quality and cleanliness of my tanks.

Here is the best picture i could get, lol
img_823044_0_6f638444a16313e60b60a125708530ef.jpg

It can be tough getting food small enough for those tiny little mouths. I've found Hikari First Bites to work great with shell dweller fry and always keep plenty on hand.

I've also used Hikari's First Bites to feed my fry although now I am trying freeze-dried Cyclop-Eeze. Frozen daphnia and baby brine shrimp are also good.

i have a 47 full of shellies and currently cycling a 33 for my multies, pearly ocelletus and mating group of brevis

Back
Top Bottom