Neon tetra looks bloated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys, new to the forum and I've been seen interesting posts by other members. The title pretty much says it all. Can someone tell me whether this little fella is pregnant or having some complications? I've had it for about a month and it's been like this when i got it. The water parameters are OK. Here's a list of fishs in my tank:

a school of neon tetras
four dwarf puffers
dwarf gourami
paradise fish
some otos
some MTS
two clown loaches
two yoyo loaches
one veil angelfish

the first pic shows the bloated neon, not sure why it's near the surface.

ForumRunner_20130416_073009.jpg

compare to the other normal looking one

ForumRunner_20130416_073018.jpg

There should be a report button on the corner of the post. Report the thread and request it to be moved, this button sends a message to all forum staff and one of them will move it for you.

What are the fish eating and how much?

regular flake food and once a day. it's been like that ever since i got it. there are times when i skip feeding so that they rid off the stuffs in their guts

Moved to FW unhealthy fish section.
In addition to dietary bloat, some other option include dropsy or swim bladder issues. Though, swim bladder issues are often brought on by dietary issues.
Do you see any pineconing appearance where the scales stick out? Also, is bloat even, or lopsided?

the scales on the bottom of its belly does seem more pronouncing. it's not really sticking out per se, but they do look like "sticking out" a little bit if that's not too confusing. i wish there's better way to put it.

I think your fish has dropsy. Try looking up dropsy to see if you think that fits. I don't have a link on-hand at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom