Neon tetras with guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nortzy21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

I have a 20g planted tank that has about 8 guppies in it right now that are currently breeding, so the number is expected to rise. However, I really want to switch over/add tetras once the aquarium becomes more densely planted. I know that both tetras and guppies are very peaceful fish in general, but if I add a school of about 6 tetras would they fight with the guppies for dominance? Especially since it's only a 20g planted tank, I'm worried there would be some aggressive nature between the fish. Let me know if any of you are keeping both of these fish together right now!

Here's a pic is the tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1464613193.614514.jpg

Thanks,
Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've kept the two together a few years ago and didn't have any issues with them.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

It should be fine neons are generally really peacefull fish just plant it heavily but make sure that the fry gets eaten or else you are going to have a problem but with enough neons and guppies I dont think that alot of fry will survive.

I have kept them together also. I agree with the above posters about the fry. Also would like to add guppies are a bit more boisterous I think so having good amount of plants is a good idea that way the scared neons will come out more. Just my personal opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom