neons tetras white mouth fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrianmadigan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have about 20 neon tetras but 4-5 of them have white growths on the mouth and 1 also has a growth around the gils,it is quiet pronounced on 2 of them but not too bad on the others.I have tried melafix for 2 weeks with no joy so then tried tetra general tonic for the last month with no noticable results.all my other fish are healthy.any ideas?

I'm new to this also, but I think Melafix is for healing sores and slime layer on fish not eliminating fungus. You might want to try API Fungus Cure (or similar). You will need to remove the activated carbon from your filter as the ac will remove the medication. It will turn your water green. I hope this helps.

I've had a problem with this before .. I too went through many medications before ridding my fish :( .. It's a hard thing to cure.. Usually it's cause by poor maintainace .. It's better to keep up with water changes than try to cure a condition.. Quarantine the fish and try the API med that e2 mentioned .. Good luck .. I hope it works..

Back
Top Bottom