New 10 gallon Endler tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
After seeing the Endlers that MGamer posted and researching them I saw an ad on Craigslist for a lady selling them. She was selling them for $10 for a dozen. I bought 2 dozen and put together a 10 Gallon for them. I put some fake plants and a HOB that was running on my 84G tank. I did put PFS in there so if anyone knows if that is a bad thing for Endlers let me know. Here are some pics. Sorry for the blurr but they are fast little suckers. The males are bright and colorful and the females are kind of dull.

Attachments

• DSC00760.jpg
    DSC00760.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00765.jpg
    DSC00765.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00774.jpg
    DSC00774.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00782.jpg
    DSC00782.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 55
Couple more pics

Couple more pics

Attachments

• DSC00787.jpg
    DSC00787.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00794.jpg
    DSC00794.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 81
Look like black bars to me. PFS should be fine. I wouldn't have started a 10g with 24 of them though. You are going to be overrun sooner than you think

I know it sounds kind of cruel but I was going to put some in the 84G with the angels and balas for live meals as they over run. Is that wrong???

I was going to just put them all in the 84G but I dont think they would survive long enough to breed. The one big female is the only sizeable one. From what I have found out in my research the males dont get very big. I dont think they would make it in my 84 with all the big angels and balas. Also my Pictus cats are about 5" long and pretty good at eating little fish.

I found out last week that the LFS that I like actually sells uncrossed endlers. Im considering getting some myself. Very nice setup and acquisition

i have 3-4 dozen in my bichir tank for live food. i'm not sure he has eaten any yet. i think he might be big enough to snatch the full size females too. hard to tell if the numbers are dwindling with that many endlers in there.

Nice looking tank spoon! I'm jealous of all your tanks...I'm trying to convince the wife that more IS better!

Keep us posted with updated pics. BTW - the skull is a nice touch...makes it really peaceful! LOL.

Got 5 in the house now and 1 at my bro-in-laws house and a 100G in the garage that I think I am going to fix up and sell. Think I might make my first effort at building a stand and canopy. Thanks for the compliment.

Got 5 in the house now and 1 at my bro-in-laws house and a 100G in the garage that I think I am going to fix up and sell. Think I might make my first effort at building a stand and canopy. Thanks for the compliment.

Too bad you don't live near me. I am trying to get my parents to let me get a 100g instead of a 75g for my bichir to swim around in. And i would definatly be up too buying a 100g from someone on this site rather then some other random stranger. I trust people more on this site then a random stranger. Besides, i want 1 with a canopy and stand. too bad though.:drain:

Back
Top Bottom