New 125 Gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRT83

Aquarium Advice Activist
Moved my 6 inch male jag and 4 inch featherfin catfish from a 55 to a 125 last night. For now I'm going to have to stick with the same filtration, which is 2 biowheel 350's, but will definitely upgrade that soon. I kept about 40-45 gallons of old tank water and kept the biowheels, filter cartridges, and driftwood all in that same water to save the bacteria while breaking down the 55. The rest of the water added to the 125 was about 10 gallons of leftover RO water and the rest was tap water mixed with 150 gallons worth of prime. Everything is up and running and was just wondering if anyone thinks I'll have to worry about going through any mini cycles or anything else that could be harmful to my fish. I'll be testing the water shortly to see how everything is so far, any opinions/advice would be helpful.

Moved my 6 inch male jag and 4 inch featherfin catfish from a 55 to a 125 last night. For now I'm going to have to stick with the same filtration, which is 2 biowheel 350's, but will definitely upgrade that soon. I kept about 40-45 gallons of old tank water and kept the biowheels, filter cartridges, and driftwood all in that same water to save the bacteria while breaking down the 55. The rest of the water added to the 125 was about 10 gallons of leftover RO water and the rest was tap water mixed with 150 gallons worth of prime. Everything is up and running and was just wondering if anyone thinks I'll have to worry about going through any mini cycles or anything else that could be harmful to my fish. I'll be testing the water shortly to see how everything is so far, any opinions/advice would be helpful.

You should be ok but I do suggest upgrading the filtration soon. If you plan to add more fish, and I'm sure you do, go for a big canister.

Back
Top Bottom