New 12g Fluval Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowFin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
15 days into the cycling process with 20 lbs of live sand and 8lbs of porous Pukani rocks. Water clarity is super clear but params are still out of wack. Cycle probably won't be done for another couple of weeks.

Planning to stock it with 2 or 3 small goby, firefish or something similar. Will have some colorful corals and assorted crew of snails and other inverts.

I added 3 strips of Ecoxotic LEDs, 320gph flow and 50 watts heater.

Can anyone comment about the stock filter being able to keep up with this setup? If not are there and recommendation on filter upgrade that will know for a fact that can fit under the small hood?

What type of filter is it? Pics or stats would help.

12-Gallon Fluval Edge

Filtration: 100 gph 3-stage mechanical, chemical and biological filtration. Seems good enough eh?

Lighting: 42 LED lighting system (7600K high-luminosity LEDs with 39 White LEDS and 3 Blue LEDs).
Capacity: 12 gallons.
Dimensions: Total dimension measures 16.875" x 10.25" x 23.4" high. The Fluval Edge aquarium measures 16.875" x 10.25" x 17.5" high.

I didnt think there was enough flow in mine and found if you take off the deco on the back, y can shove an aquaclear 50 in the hole. I didnt think that was enough either, so now I have a fluval 206 and a fluval cp1 on there ;) I keep everythimg from softies to acro frags that are doing awesome.

I didnt think there was enough flow in mine and found if you take off the deco on the back, y can shove an aquaclear 50 in the hole. I didnt think that was enough either, so now I have a fluval 206 and a fluval cp1 on there ;) I keep everythimg from softies to acro frags that are doing awesome.

Thanks for the info Mika. I've had canister filters before and they are great. However with the placement of my Fluval Edge there's no room for it. I placed it on a raised granite counter between the living room and kitchen so it can be view from both sides. The covering on the back does a great job hiding the power cables and stocked filter nicely. So a canister filter will alter this clean look.

I am thinking about trying one of the submersible filters. Of course this will take up precious space within the 12gal tank. Have anyone used the totally submersed filter before:

Ovation 700 Submersible Power Jet Filter - 185 gph

Looks pretty snazzy though....

Back
Top Bottom