New 12g Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_aurelia_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone.. I'm new to this and just looking for whatever advice you are willing to dish out! One week ago I got a 12g nano dx set up. I have ~10lbs of live sand & 12lbs of live rock. I have been checking the params with the api saltwater kit, and everything has been staying at 0.
SG is at 1.024
I seem to be having issues with my heater. It is a 50w (12g max) marineland glass heater. I had it set on 79, but it was constantly kicking on, and the thermometer was reading 84+. With constant adjusting the thermostat all the way down to 70, I finally had the tank down to ~81. I went to my lfs for advice, and they recommended simply taking the heater out to see what that does. After that, my tank is now a stable 80. With the params still unchanging, I went back today to speak with them. She have me a tiny little cup of micro bacter, and 2 green chromis. She had me put 1/2 of the small cup in now, and the rest in 4-5 days when I see some stuff growing. I set up a drip for the chromis, and acclimated them for ~1 hour. They are now in the tank and seem to be doing quite well, and eating everything in sight.

Any kind of advice is welcomed! Excited to join in on this additive little hobby :) Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom