New 130 litre tank. Discus??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowfire

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have just bought a second hand Aqua one 620t 130l tank from a friend.
I would love to plant it up and have a pair of Discus but not sure if the tank would be big enough. Am I setting myself up to fail?

Yah... a few things wrong here.. tanks far to small, discus should.really be kept in groupings of 5-6+. What about some angels?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have breeding pair of angels in my 110l tank so was looking for something different for this tank. I would love some discus but don't have room for a massive tank... ah well back to the drawing board I suppose!

German blue rams??

I hadn't thought of rams but I do like them. I have quite soft, slightly acidic water (pH 6.7) would this suit them?

Yup!! Not discus but they still look awesome! You could throw a nice big school of rummy nosed tetras or cardinal tetras in with them as well!

Attachments

• 1421778997701.jpg
    1421778997701.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 114
I love cardinals :) the rams in my LFS don't look as fabulous as yours but I guess they are young!

I've got a way to go before I get fish (tank is currently empty in my shed!!) but it's nice to have a realistic idea of what I could have so thank you for your ideas :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom