New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about a flasher wrasse? Some things say they need a larger tank but I think I've seen they can be in a smaller one. I also like the pajama cardinal, but they are peaceful I think so if you want a bad-a$$ then that may not be the one for you. Other ones I like are the basslets and filefish (if you are keeping your hood). I have two fish, a clown and three striped damsel. I would like another but will need to go with a percher or sand dweller because these two are already fighting for water space. I'm looking at some blennies and gobies, my LFS said I could bring one of mine in to exchange for a different one but I feel kind of guilty doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How about a flasher wrasse? Some things say they need a larger tank but I think I've seen they can be in a smaller one. I also like the pajama cardinal, but they are peaceful I think so if you want a bad-a$$ then that may not be the one for you. Other ones I like are the basslets and filefish (if you are keeping your hood). I have two fish, a clown and three striped damsel. I would like another but will need to go with a percher or sand dweller because these two are already fighting for water space. I'm looking at some blennies and gobies, my LFS said I could bring one of mine in to exchange for a different one but I feel kind of guilty doing that.

Flashers need bigger tanks. At least 30. Mine was 4 inches long. I wouldn't go less than that

Flashers need bigger tanks. At least 30. Mine was 4 inches long. I wouldn't go less than that

Good to know! The ones at my LFS have been on the small side and always intrigue me with their colors. Will keep on my upgrade list :)

Good to know! The ones at my LFS have been on the small side and always intrigue me with their colors. Will keep on my upgrade list :)

Yes. They change colors as they grow.

Yea I'm stuck :( I liked my six line so much too ughh. Any other good suggestions? Do I get rid of the crab, maybe get a cool goby pair with a shrimp and coral the heck out of the tank? (Bribo and BigRed ?)

Yea I'm stuck :( I liked my six line so much too ughh. Any other good suggestions? Do I get rid of the crab, maybe get a cool goby pair with a shrimp and coral the heck out of the tank? (Bribo and BigRed ?)

Possum wrasse.

I literally just read through your whole thread and am inspired! I actually just started cycling my BC29 yesterday and today found a zoa head and red mushrooming on a rock!! Are they going to live? My tank is obviously still cycling. If you have any tips, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!!!!!!!!!

I literally just read through your whole thread and am inspired! I actually just started cycling my BC29 yesterday and today found a zoa head and red mushrooming on a rock!! Are they going to live? My tank is obviously still cycling. If you have any tips, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for looking at my thread! I wish I would have gone with a 29, always could use more space haha. They might survive the cycle. My biggest tip would be just to make sure you take your time and do your research. That will save you money and heart-break. And if you have questions it's always better to ask then just go with it. I'm no seasoned veteran myself but I think I'm becoming good at this hobby lol. There are a lot of people here who have wayyyy more knowledge than I have so just always ask questions! Looking forward to your build!

Thanks for the advice!! I have some questions on identifying these two hitch hikers. I'm pretty sure it's a zoa and red mushroom, but can never be too sure! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417303995.801021.jpg

Wow. Just as I was typing that, I found what seems to be a baby brine shrimp, and this weird little red thing. It's like red little hairs ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417304204.917792.jpg

The two are definitely a zoa and a mushroom. The white and red thing is a feather duster. Pretty cool little guy!

Are the feather dusters harmful??

I JUST LOOKED AND I HAVE A FAMILY OF BRINE SHRIMP!!!!!!!! I guess they came from the rocks I bought!! This is so cool! I guess my LFS didn't check anything before they sold me the rocks?I got a really ugly crab, three corals, and a family of shrimp! I have three larger ones and a ton of tiny little babies

Nice!! Yea feather dusters aren't harmful at all! Beautiful worms

Those are one of my favs. My clown traumatized mine for a couple of weeks and they are still kind of timid from that but I bought it with 3 heads and now have 5-6 more baby heads growing in under 3 months.

Nice tank! Just read through the whole thread. Do you have any fish in there right now?

Thanks for the read! I just added some mini clowns today. Figure I'll just stay with them right now to at least have something in there lol

Back
Top Bottom