New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on graduating!! I just graduated too :D! Nice purchase, I love my mp10

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Congrats bribo!! It feels good to be done for now haha :D do you think an mp10 is too much flow for the tank?

The beautiful thing about the vortechs is how controllable they're! Just adjust it to whatever you need it

So let me get some opinions on this subject, the more replies I guess the better because it not only applies to my tank ( :D ) but I think it's a question some people might have as well. So my mp10 will be here on Saturday it looks like and I'm planning to set it up then. So, SPS, I know the flow varies based on the species but overall, what kind of flow do they need? i.e. direct, actual flow or like opposite side but still in the direction of the power head? I was reading that if you put them too close to the power head you can blow the tissue right off! Looking forward to this discussion!

I have my mp10 on reef crest at 100% in my 20. Does the job for me as the flow varies throughout the day from 10%-100% power

I like the burst modes personally. I wasn't able to get reef crest to work out well in my system...but then again that was when I only had 1 MP40 rather than 2. It is all about experimenting with them, though I did find it slightly difficult to play with the different modes prior to adding a reeflink to my system.

So then is it beneficial to place it on the opposite side of the SPS I have growing on a random mode rather then right in front? Here's a recent fts. Where do you all think I should place it?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420650294.254380.jpg

Crank those whites up for pics :p. Looking good

It's doing great Dave! It eats like a pig ahah, but very cool! :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Awesome! I am wanting get a couple myself but think i am gonna wait till my next build with the 50g.

Definitely have to get one Dave! Very interesting coral for sure! The mouth gets huge

There we have it! A MP10!! I've now customized this thing to the max haha :D

That's what I'm aiming for hopefully tomorrow. I wanna try and get the set-up the right way where I can make it mostly SPS :D maybe some more live rock to where I can get a full base and just start placing everything

Back
Top Bottom