New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might have to try that. FloraMax is a pain when it comes to water changes. Its so light thay it gets kicked up so easily.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Day 9 fishless cycling:
0ppm-ammo,0ppm-nitrite
Cycle is completed,but I'll continue to dose back up for 2 more days making sure my results repeat themselves...
To note: the nitrites were off the charts&bottomed out while being left alone,this taking place between day 7&day 9..Also no pwc's throughout the process,to date no stalls...knock on wood&cross fingers on future tanks.

Day 9 fishless cycling:
0ppm-ammo,0ppm-nitrite
Cycle is completed,but I'll continue to dose back up for 2 more days making sure my results repeat themselves...
To note: the nitrites were off the charts&bottomed out while being left alone,this taking place between day 7&day 9..Also no pwc's throughout the process,to date no stalls...knock on wood&cross fingers on future tanks.

No pwc makes me wish I didn't do any on mine. Only difference is that my cyle took one less day than your with 2 50% wc

Gotta believe in the process,Wrangler do you have any pics of your setup/setups?

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

First picture is before I added fish and the second is a smaller picture with the fish. I will take a full tank shot when the lights kick back on in 2 hours.

I was told that high nitrites can stall the cycle thats why I did the pwc. Nitrites where over 5ppm

Attachments

• 1415558679379.jpg
    1415558679379.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 1415558743563.jpg
    1415558743563.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 139
First picture is before I added fish and the second is a smaller picture with the fish. I will take a full tank shot when the lights kick back on in 2 hours.

I was told that high nitrites can stall the cycle thats why I did the pwc. Nitrites where over 5ppm

High nitrites can definitely stall a cycle&no doubt that if I had done a pwc it might have shaved off a day or so..
Great looking tank!

Thanks! Can't wait to see yours when its done! I am seeing the eldea stems branch is spots now, the wisteria is growing new roots like crazy, and i have new leaves growing on my java.

Approx. 7 hrs later after dosing ammo back up nitrites are at .25 ppm...the bb is chewing right through the nitrites...

Here ate some other pictures of my tank. These BST ate hard to get to stay still... better video fish than picture

Attachments

• 1415587074521.jpg
    1415587074521.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 1415587114515.jpg
    1415587114515.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 116
So tests show 0-ammo,0-nitrite& 80ppm-nitrates...New plants have shown up,I'll post some pics shortly(blyxa,hygro&dwarf sag).

Sup Wrangler,the wood piece will probably take a few more weeks(hopefully).

I got lucky and Malaysian dw sank like a rock and no tannis leached

Yeah,I like the Malaysian DW,looks great&sinks fast to. Thought I'd go with something different this time..next week I will be setting up a diy co2 reactor&dust off the dry ferts for new tank..

My piece is nice, but my tank is to narrow for it. Need a 15 inch wide tank to position the DW how I wanted to position it :(

Back
Top Bottom