New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good tip on the blyxa; I'm getting some this week (new plant for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

New plant for me as well, bought 3 stems from a seller over eBay.Fast shipping,paid for them Sat&received on Mon...

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Added some stock to build off today...4 white cloud mountain minnows,2 siamese flying fox&3 tiger stripe nerite snails

Tank is doing well,all plants have new growth&new stock have adjusted well...couple more weeks&I'll add to the white cloud pop. along with some cory's(panda or sterbeigh).

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can't wait to see the diff in growth when I get the diy co2 going and begin dosing the dry ferts...not bad growth using comp, leaf zone&glut..

Sent from my AT10-A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is that subwassertang in the last pic?

Did you boil the spiderwood? Doesn't look like any tannis leached

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For a different type of fish you could try celestial pearl danios. I'd think they would work.

Did you boil the spiderwood? Doesn't look like any tannis leached

I let it soak in 5g bucket full of scalding hot water for an hour after I ran it through the dishwasher a couple times..mind you I ran the dishwasher a couple times first to completely wash away any soap residue before I ran the spider wood through...

I am feeling really lucky with my dw. Soaked in a bucket for ~12hours and it sank right away and didn't leach anything

Even with putting the dw piece through all that it still releases tannins into the water column,don't get me wrong I do appreciate what the tannins offer towards the tank...

Back
Top Bottom