New 29g BioCube Water Change ADvice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this not typical or common with anyone else? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406556130.138007.jpg
This was my tank an hour or so after adding the smaller rock you see on the bottom left.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I do 25% water changes and I have a biocube 29 also 25% is like 7.5 gallons so I just get 7 gallons

When my tank was first setup I would get sandstorms when I moved stuff. However after a bit the biofilm builds up on the sandbed. This weighs it down a little more and you shouldn't get that sandstorm effect anymore.

So then, in my recent sand storms, I have collected a bit of sand in my back compartments in my biocube. Is there anyway during the water change that I can get that cleaned as well?

Where can I find RO water? Or is there another type of water I can use?

I get mine at walmart. Just make sure it is purified by reverse osmosis and has no minerals

Fish are friends not food!

So I just finished my water change and there's still a lot of room in my back compartments. What can I do about this?

There's not a lot of water in my filter and pump compartment.

You gotta measure what you take out...I use 5gal buckets so if you take out 5 gal put 5 back in and you may wanna get an extra gallon when you water change in case you need more, always better to have too much than not enough. Your biocube should have a window on the side that says min and then max I fill mine a couple inches above max

It used to be like that. Several inches above the MAX line. Now it's about one inch under the MAX line.

Back
Top Bottom