New 35g community timeline!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those things are kind of a waste if money I think.. It's your call;) a daily API test should be sufficient..

What ever works for you! I had a thermometer fail me so instead if buying a new $3 one like I had I bought the $22 digital super duper fantastical doodad! Call me crazy but had to have it!

Yeah expect a small mini cycle with the added fish. The snails have virtually no bioload so they wont do much harm to the cycle

When I tested first thing this morning, ammonia was reading 1.0. I gave the fish a tiny amount of food and figured I'd do a water change and vacuum up anything uneaten in a few hours. I checked ammonia again before I was going to change it, and it's already back down to 0.50! Looks like my biofilter is doing its job.

If anybody wants to see a somewhat crummy, low resolution video of my fish, there's one here. I know, I know... I've made your dreams come true!

EDIT: Alternatively, I'm on Instagram under the same name as I am here.

You'll find the algae wafers become more of a competition than a meal. Pleco will usually win;) what's next for stock? How's amm?

He didn't seem to win this time! Poor guy is outnumbered and still small. I ended up having to give him his wafer with a turkey baster. Then I took back the one in the video from one of my diamonds, who had taken it to the top corner of the tank and was quite literally gorging himself. Silly little guys!

Ammo is waffling between 0.25 and 0.50ppm. I've been keeping up on water changes. Also showing nitrites for the first time ever. They're very minimal, just a slight off-blue on the test, definitely less than 0.25 and staying there for now.

For stock, I think I might not go with cories after all - I've got lots of action at the bottom of my tank as it is. The bleeding hearts like to hang out down there most of the time in a fairly tight school. They've coloured up nicely, too.

I'm thinking a school of dwarf neon rainbows would fill out the top a little more. They just got some in at my preferred LFS.

I love how your blushing tetras look in your tank. I think they are my favorite of your fishies so far, the pleco is a close second :)

Thought I'd post an update since it's been a long while. Everything is going swimmingly in the tank these days, harhar.

I finally got some photos of my Diamonds and Bleeding Hearts, but they're not that great. Still, it's better than nothing I guess. The Diamonds dart around SO FAST that getting pictures is difficult. The Bleeding Hearts are almost always hiding when I'm near the tank, so that's a no-go too. I can't believe how colourful they've all gotten since I brought them home.

Diamonds, male and female. Male is on the right, obviously. These guys are great; active, colourful, and all over the place! I definitely would recommend them to anybody looking for good community tank members.
img_2894709_0_8cbc27cdd3cb50073ce59dde0decad99.jpg

Bleeding Hearts! This is actually a still from a video taken at feeding time. They school pretty closely together most of the time, but they do split up randomly to loop around my plants. They're pretty shy but starting to come around. To me they look a little like miniature piranhas sometimes.
img_2894709_1_ddd7316e95d8baa0bde3062e10bcd306.png

Mr. Pleco enjoying a piece of zucchini. I can never get them to sink, even when frozen, so now I weigh them down with a stainless steel blunt-ended needle I use for crochet. He's starting to get a few bigger bristles on his nose and he's also looking more yellow than cream these days. Love this little guy.
img_2894709_2_3189fd7ebaa19a824dc8c4c1ec989e4d.jpg

I need to get more pictures of my Blushing tetras. They're such sweet little fish! When I sit in front of the tank, they swim at me and then go back and forth across the glass in front. Every time I try to focus on them with my phone, the diamonds end up photo-bombing me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's how things are going! I'm pretty sure we're going to try adding a small angelfish to the mix this weekend as my other half is quite fond of them. I don't suppose I could fit 6 glowlight tetras in there as well? I don't want to be too overstocked, but a pop of colour might be nice!

Our newest addition! Can anyone verify that this fish is female? She doesn't seem to have a pronounced head bump but I'm certainly not an expert. She's a little ragged from the other angels at the shop, but we'll get her all prettied up. =)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396210587.307684.jpg

Back
Top Bottom