New 40 Gallon Setup and Transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apply several coats of PVC cement. It will be your best bet in the long run. Make sure it's dry before application though. Silicone can peel off, but it could work. The cement actually bonds with PVC.

Apply several coats of PVC cement. It will be your best bet in the long run. Make sure it's dry before application though. Silicone can peel off, but it could work. The cement actually bonds with PVC.

That's what I was going to try. Although I didn't see any dripping yesterday, I'm still going to put a couple more coats on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I put a couple more coats of PVC cement on the Elbow that was leaking last night and waited a couple of hours then I started the pump back up and no more dripping.

I will test the tank tonight and if all looks good I will take some corals home tomorrow night and see how they do.

I just tested my tank today to see if it's OK to start placing corals in there. Here are the results.
Ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0
PH - 8.2
KH - 11 - 196.9
Calcium - 27 - 540
Phosphate - 25
Salinity - 1. 027
Temp - 78

OK so I know I need to add some rodi water to bring down the salinity. Calcium is a little high, do I need to adjust that? For the phosphate, I can add phosphate remover
Do you see anything else I need to address?

I'm sorry it's .25 Sniperhank.

LOL that's much better! Just add some RO a little at a time and check you salinity. I'd aim for 1.025. Glad to see this tank coming along!

LOL that's much better! Just add some RO a little at a time and check you salinity. I'd aim for 1.025. Glad to see this tank coming along!

Thanks Paul. I added some rodi water and I'm getting ready to check salinity again. Its been a slow process but I glad I'm finally ready to add some corals. ?

Exciting! :D

Definitely exciting. I have three blue damsels in there so far. My cleanup crew will arrive tomorrow. I am putting a few corals in tomorrow as well. How do you take the corals off the frag plug?

Brought home 8 corals out of my tanks at work to put in the 40. I'm at therapy now. I will up load pics tomorrow once they are open.

Since I got home late last night I acclimated the corals and just set them in the sand. I will place them where on the rock today. They are not happy right now so I will take pics after I get them on the rock and they are open and happy.

I totally forgot about power heads. Last night I'm scrambling around looking for anything that can create some flow. I found two water small power heads that I am using until I can get the right ones for my tank. No wonder my corals are unhappy. ?

Well I lost three of the corals that I brought home from work. The frogspawn, the torch and the green birds nest. I am having a hard time trying to figure out the best settings to use on my light. I think I had it set to high. Ugh.

Its the Euphotica 24 inch full spectrum led. I had it set at 80% blue/color and 50% white my birdsnest bleached out and the frogspawn and torch just slowly died. I reduced it to 50% blue/color and 35% white. I am making the assumption that it's the light setting because my birds nest bleached out.

Back
Top Bottom