New 46 Gallon Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In a few months, I will be getting a 46 gallon bow front tank, euro style. I'm currently saving up for it, as well as all the materials necessary to start it.

pPETS-10397575t400.jpg

I want to do an all planted tank with just a few fish. Eco complete will be the substrate. I'll be mostly using java ferns, wisteria, anubias, and some other low light/low maintenance plants.

I was originalyl planning on doing just a couple of angels in the tank, but decided I want something a little different then what we have just available at work. Instead, I think I will be doing some German Blue Rams. Hopefully I can find a male and female. I don't really care if they breed, but I have heard that two males can get aggressive.

What are some other good tank mates for them?

IME, rams do fine with most any fish that live about them in the water column. As long as they are not too nippy.
I have kept rummies, platys, mollies, kuhlis, corys, bnp, pitties, and angels with mine. Since you just want a few fish, I would recommend a school of black neons, kerri blues or cardinals for color contrast. :)

IME I kept rams with quite a bit of different types of tetras, honey gouramis (although watch out for male honey gourami aggression and male GBR aggression), angels, cories, praecox rainbows, and hatchetfish without any problems. All depends on your rams though. Most are shy, although some are aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom