New 5 gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just found a great deal on a 5 gallon tank (comes with the hood, lights, filter, and sample packs of food and conditioner) and I got it all for around $28. I bought some gravel and some simple decorations, as well as a plain black background (that I havent put up yet). I've still got to get a little heater for it, as well as this really cute little bridge/hiding place, but I think that'll be it.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to get a nice, male better and maybe a snail... But I was thinking about maybe a little cory cat, too. I've heard mixed things about putting a cory cat in a tank that small and was just curious what everyone's thoughts on the matter were.

Anyways... Here is what the tank looks like so far.

img_1536495_0_84843f82294e2959d6368828710bb475.jpg

I'd say no to the cory, they need to be in schools and unless you go for pygmy cories they wouldn't be able to survive for long in a five.
A male betta and snail would be perfect. :)

I would not put just a Cory in only a 5 g. Cories do best in schools of 5 or more and in larger tanks, (min 20 gallon.) the original Betta plan sounds good. Your Betta will do great in a five gallon.

Thanks. I definately don't want to stress the poor guy out. Like I said, I've heard so many conflicting reports on the corys. I'm not sure if its pygmy's that we sell, but they only get to be about 2-3 inches? We have both albino's and peppered's.

How about ghost shrimp?

ghost shrimp and bettas are a gamble...it all depends on the betta. some view them as a snack and others completely ignore them

Back
Top Bottom