New 55 gallon cichlid tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I already have 8 mbuna cichlids in there. Plan on getting more. They are mean lil boogers

It's not bad!! Personally I'd go a little higher with the rock work and try and make it look like they weren't carefully placed there.

Also you may wanna upgrade your filtration when you can. What's there now? A top fin?

Either way... Nice tank and remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. I just believe in being honest, I'd want someone to be honest with me.

The Con

Yes. I plan on getting another HOB filter as they grow. I like the carefully stacked rocks. I am a lil OCD when it came to that. I spent a good two hours stacking them lol. No eye sores.

It's actually aqueon 75. Is that do-able for a 55 gal mbuna tank?

I hear ya about the OCD as I have it too, I wasn't knocking your tank my any means so I hope you didn't think that. It's a very well put together tank.

As far as your filter question IMSO you can upgrade to a bigger one or add another as those fish can be messy and you can never have too much filtration.

Example. I run 2 AC110's on my 75 gallon mixed African Cichlid tank.

image-3826168275.jpg

Convict was talking about taller rockwork,here's a pic of my old 75g Malawi reef I had setup for over ayear..

ForumRunner_20121229_183932.jpg

Thanks for the input. Don't worry I didn't take it as a knock on my tank. The next time I aqua scape, I prob will make the rock base shorter and taller.

Back
Top Bottom