New 6 gal nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlB9

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello there, I started my new 6 gal jbj nano. (I know, it's TOO small but it's what I have) it's been going for about a month now and everything seems to be doing just fine. I have 2 clowns 4 crabs and 5 snails (2 turbos I think and 3 others not sure what kind) had some brown algae but snails and crabs seem to have fixed that for now. I'm looking to get some corals to make it look nice and full. Any help would be great and thanks in advance.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389806130.092855.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389806174.683343.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389806210.351762.jpg

I would remove the clowns. That tank is to small for them. Other than that the tank looks good :)

Agree way too small for one clown let alone two. What kind of lighting do you have? And flow? I think its best to start with mushrooms and zoas, they are plenty colourful and easy to care for. Then (depending on the lighting and flow) you could try hammer or torch corals which have lovely soft looking sweeping bits :) just be care full of things like Xenia and star polyps, they can grow too quickly in your small system.

Thanks for the advice. I have just the stock light and flow. (I think) light is 18watt compact fluorescent and it has 2 small moon lights.

Those lights might work for mushrooms or zoas but not real well. You should also get those 2 turbos out they will get to big for your tank and starve and cause an ammonia spike which can crash your tank

Not 100% sure if they are turbos. They like to hide in the sand and come out when I feed. Do you know if I can upgrade the lights keeping the canopy

Back
Top Bottom