New 60 Gallon (Now 40b) Build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So there are some changes (for the better) coming to the tank in the next couple of weeks :)

Today my coworker and I traded fish so I no longer have my ABN (he was insanely aggressive to my Clown Pleco so he had to go) but I am now the proud owner of a beautiful female GBR! On top of that I have an awesome Blue Angel coming from George9 :) It'll be an exciting couple of weeks!

Last edited:
Yay! I'm glad you got your gbr finally

Dont forget to send pics of the gbr and angel when they're all settled in. My sister was mad that that Angel is for because it's her favorite lol. Glad it's going to you :)

Yay! I'm glad you got your gbr finally

Dont forget to send pics of the gbr and angel when they're all settled in. My sister was mad that that Angel is for because it's her favorite lol. Glad it's going to you :)

well you can assure her I'll do my best to make sure it lives a long and happy life :)

Did you sister have a name for it?

<said in a deep sinister voice>The conversion has already begun.....
edit: sorry, this is what happens when i listen to Disturbed while i'm bored at work

image-776678990.jpg

image-649225202.jpg

image-3781195622.jpg

And the GBR is starting to feel a little more comfortable :)

image-1419821296.jpg

skywhitney said:
well you can assure her I'll do my best to make sure it lives a long and happy life :)

Did you sister have a name for it?

Lol she called it Lucky :) we are twins, so she's the same age, lol I made her seem like a 6 year old.

Whoa, tank looks so different! You have a huge jungle now!!! Will the plants get enough light at the bottom of the stem?

Aw, that makes me miss my gbr :( yours is super pretty though :)

George9 said:
Lol she called it Lucky :) we are twins, so she's the same age, lol I made her seem like a 6 year old.

Whoa, tank looks so different! You have a huge jungle now!!! Will the plants get enough light at the bottom of the stem?

Aw, that makes me miss my gbr :( yours is super pretty though :)

Haha i did think she was younger. I like the name Lucky, i think i'll keep it that.

I do have a jungle again! And its only the beginning! A lot of the stems have been getting less than adequate light (IMO) but they're doing great. In the next 1-2 weeks there will be quite the difference so i'm excited to see if it turns out the way i'm hoping it will.

Our tanks are all about trial and error right? So i might as well try! Worst case i start over and try again :)

skywhitney said:
Haha i did think she was younger. I like the name Lucky, i think i'll keep it that.

I do have a jungle again! And its only the beginning! A lot of the stems have been getting less than adequate light (IMO) but they're doing great. In the next 1-2 weeks there will be quite the difference so i'm excited to see if it turns out the way i'm hoping it will.

Our tanks are all about trial and error right? So i might as well try! Worst case i start over and try again :)

I didn't like the name Lucky, but shell call it whatever she wants :) dont feed him too much at once too. I notice that when I feed everyday, he gets just a bit bloated where I can see a little bump in his stomach. It goes away overnight though.

Yep! It's al about trial and error. It'd really suck to have to start over lol. I actually had a nightmare about that once!

George9 said:
I didn't like the name Lucky, but shell call it whatever she wants :) dont feed him too much at once too. I notice that when I feed everyday, he gets just a bit bloated where I can see a little bump in his stomach. It goes away overnight though.

Yep! It's al about trial and error. It'd really suck to have to start over lol. I actually had a nightmare about that once!

Good to know, i'll watch his food intake.

Starting over actually isn't a bad thing IMO, you learn a ton (or you should) from every experience so if you carry that forward to your next attempt then you'll just keep getting better. Very seldom does someone brand new come into this hobby and create one of those "works or art" tanks that we all drool over. Usually they have tons of experience. We'll get there one day too :)

Yeah, that's true. I've never seen someone on AA who's created a tank like that. Like the gorgeous heavily planted scaped tanks that I see on google. I'd love to have one like that, but I'm happy with what I have :)

I'd say your pretty good at scaping Already :)

George9 said:
Yeah, that's true. I've never seen someone on AA who's created a tank like that. Like the gorgeous heavily planted scaped tanks that I see on google. I'd love to have one like that, but I'm happy with what I have :)

I'd say your pretty good at scaping Already :)

Thank you :) but again i had some experience previously.

You nailed it, you gotta be happy with what you have :)

Shy, the tank is looking really nice so far. I like the scaping on the left side especially. Good luck with the angel. I can never imagine not having a few angels in my tanks, they are so great. :)

Shy, the tank is looking really nice so far. I like the scaping on the left side especially. Good luck with the angel. I can never imagine not having a few angels in my tanks, they are so great. :)

Thanks! By left side do you mean the stump side or the plant side? lol I can never tell what peoples orientation is :) I'm actually thinking about changing out the DW for a different piece(s) but that is still TBD.

I'm stoked about the Angel, I've always wanted one since i worked with them at the aquarium, but the time has just never felt right. Until now! you don't think there will be any compatibility issues between my GBR and the Angel do you?

skywhitney said:
Thanks! By left side do you mean the stump side or the plant side? lol I can never tell what peoples orientation is :) I'm actually thinking about changing out the DW for a different piece(s) but that is still TBD.

I'm stoked about the Angel, I've always wanted one since i worked with them at the aquarium, but the time has just never felt right. Until now! you don't think there will be any compatibility issues between my GBR and the Angel do you?

I'd think they will be fine as long as they have their own area. My gbr never went after the angels, it's the apisto that went after it. But you don't have an apisto anymore so I think it will be fine. That guys got some growing to do too :)

I hope he did well in shipping :) well, he's still in the box, so I hope he's doing good in the box :)

George9 said:
I'd think they will be fine as long as they have their own area. My gbr never went after the angels, it's the apisto that went after it. But you don't have an apisto anymore so I think it will be fine. That guys got some growing to do too :)

I hope he did well in shipping :) well, he's still in the box, so I hope he's doing good in the box :)

Awesome. The GBR was getting a little territorial yesterday but seems to have calmed down a lot today which i'm sure the Corys appreciate lol

We'll find out tomorrow. I'm sure he's doing fine :)

I meant the stump side. :)

An angel and a ram should be fine. They don't really swim in the same places, so there isn't much chance for run-ins. Also, it helps that it will be just a single angel. Of course there are guarantees, but I think it will be fine. :)

George9 said:
Okay :) my fingers are crossed lol

So the box was beat to hell buddy. I don't know if i got to him in time.

I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!! The packaging was great and he's doing awesome! :) he's even showing some color already!

He's acclimating right now so i'll try to get a picture of him as soon as he's in the main tank :)

Back
Top Bottom