New 60 Gallon (Now 40b) Build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha we'll see. I have dwarf baby tears in there now so I'll see if i can get that to carpet :)

So I'm thinking I might tear down the 40b and start fresh, same fish but new plants and stuff. I'm ready for the tank to look like it used to.

skywhitney said:
So I'm thinking I might tear down the 40b and start fresh, same fish but new plants and stuff. I'm ready for the tank to look like it used to.

I say go ahead, the algae looks pretty bad. You have nothing to lose

if i do redo it, i'm hooking the CO2 reactor up again and getting the tank back to a nice pretty status. I need ideas for plants...

skywhitney said:
if i do redo it, i'm hooking the CO2 reactor up again and getting the tank back to a nice pretty status. I need ideas for plants...

Were you running the co2 before without a reactor when the algae took over?

Get s'more diandra and rotala rou-something

Were you running the co2 before without a reactor when the algae took over?

Get s'more diandra and rotala rou-something

Yeah I was just using a regular diffuser. I think that's what was causing a lot of my issues actually. I never had this problem with the reactor.

For the look of this new scape I'm think a jungle look. I'll trim the sword I have now to get rid of the algae, then I'm thinking of letting dwarf sag grow kinda crazy. Ill throw in some small leafy stuff like java swords, the Anubias, maybe a crypt or two. Then have a section for a taller stem plant forest.

Aha! Yep, I bet thats what did it. What if instead of tearing the whole tank apart, you just installed the reactor to kill the algae? But, you probably want a NEW scape.

Sounds like a plan! Love the dwarf sag idea

well today starts the rebuild of the planted tank. I'll post pics as it's coming along!

skywhitney said:
well today starts the rebuild of the planted tank. I'll post pics as it's coming along!

Can't wait to see the progress!

so apparently a lot of the nasty looking stuff on the substrate that I didn't like is actually moss that was growing throughout the HC. Now to try to separate them....woo...

alrighty, the tank is now back up and running. Here is a really blurry and cloudy shot of the tank, but i'll get a better one once it is cleared up.

I hate play sand.

Attachments

• 20121209_164638.jpg
    20121209_164638.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 59
the tank has cleared up and everyone seems nice and happy. There are a few other plants I will be getting to help fill it in but then i think i will finally be happy with it again.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20121209_220814.jpg
    20121209_220814.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 59
I think it looks great! In my opinion it looks good like this or once things fill out some.

I ordered some Limnophila Aromatica and Hygrophila Polysperma (unknown variant) tonight. They should be here by the end of the week hopefully :)

The only plant left to get is Persicaria 'Kawagoeanum' again and I'll be all set.

I also have to figure out the best way to hook up my CO2 reactor... inline or stand alone. I should also have that up and going by the end of the week as well so here is hoping that the plants grow like they used to!

Back
Top Bottom