New Acquisitions and question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at the LFS last weekend and was looking for a Royal Gramma for my tank. I was very excited to find a great looking Gramma, but also saw two other fish that I really wanted. The other two are a Six Line Wrasse and a Yellow Watchman Goby. Now all three of these are very small. The largest of the 3 is the Gramma and he is under 1". The YWG is TINY . . . just a baby and sometimes hard to find in the QT. They all are eating well and in the 3 days since they've been in there the water parameters have stayed nice and stable.

Now, I have 2 questions:

1) I know I should be patient, but is this too much bioload for the 10G QT and will it be too much when I introduce them to the 72G main?
2) I notice what might be a couple white specs on the Gramma. I am not medicating yet and will watch all three closely, but I want to make sure that Cuppramine is safe to use with these three if I need to medicate.

Thanks for all your help!!!

tripper

1) as long as your watching the levels, I don't see a problem in the QT tank. And I don't think you'll have a problem in the 72 either.

2) Not sure. Have you considered hypo treatment? Hopefully someone more experienced in fighting ich will stop by and give you a definite answer.

I check the levels every day in the QT so I am hoping things will be fine. These guys are so small they can't be making too much ammonia.

I have considered hypo but I do not have a good refractometer. I have had success with cuppramine in the past and have the proper copper tests as well, so that is my preferred method if it is safe for the fish.

tripper

Back
Top Bottom