New Addition: Bird Wrasse, Heniochus, or Snowflake Eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have a 75 gallon tank with the following:

4" Maculosus Angel (I know a tank buster)
3" Yellow Tang
3" Flame Hawk
1" Blue Yellow Tail Damsel
2.5" PJ Cardinal
Big Ole Brittle Star that only see at night

I was considering adding a new guy...

I really like the Heni, but wonder about it's hardiness. Love the Green Bird Wrasse personality, but seems like it might be a little to big and active for a little tank. And the snowflake would probably be great, but would he jeopardize my hawk, pj and damsel??? My LFS has a tomato clown that is hearty with great coloration and seems in great condition for $20.00 I don't have a QT and my tank has been locked in with no parasites or new additions for about 6 months. I am nervous about doing this but really want to round out my collection with one more. If I bought the hardy 3" clown that has been at the LFS for 2-3 months, would that reduce the risk of adding a parasite???

I do run a UV reallllllly slow. Is there any other way to help eliminate the risk of adding a disease without a QT ie. a dip of some sort before he goes in.

I like the heni, and have heard that they are pretty hardy, BUT they yellow tang may not like it. I think the eel may be too much, and I don't know about the Green Bird Wrasse.

Your tank is already reaching it's limit as far as being able to properly house a managable bioload. As far as the eel I agree, too much. As for the bird wrasse, the tank is much too small for an active large growing species as this.

You can still add a smaller fish IMO, but I would not aquire another large show fish. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

For what you ahve in your tank right now; I'd go with the tomato clown. The eel would push your bioload. The Heni may not get long with your tang or vice versa. The wrasse is extremely active, and really needs a 90 gallon or larger tank.

Preciate the input and I think I am going to go with a smaller fish as recommended. Thinking the tomato clown might be cool or a gold stripe marroon. Love blackcap basslet's but my hawk might not. I think that I am at my max especially considering how big the mac has grown...

Back
Top Bottom