New additions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
My new green flower pot n dragon eye zoanthid

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

Attachments

• image-707368762.jpg
    image-707368762.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3595704348.jpg
    image-3595704348.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 83
Very nice pieces and pretty big too. I'm collecting zooa's myself, like how they look. then again i like most any coral, I'm so bad. lol

Where do get this stuff voodoo? You really get around! Poisonous zooas? LOL That would be a bad thing

Haha! For real! I was looking at a frag of it in Reno and they said it could release toxins. They could be full of it! I never said they DO, I said I HEARD! ;)

LOL. Well now I've learned something. :) I'll have to watch out for these weird things. who woulda thought? hehe

Zoas actually can be poisonous....my friend who works at the LFS has a tank where the rock is completely covered in zoas, mostly rare expensive ones. He frags them a lot and the one time he must have rubbed one too much and touched his eye afterwords. His hand got swollen as well as his face/eye, he ended up being partially paralyzed and blind on the one side of his face! This slowly wore off and he is absolutely fine now. I think he told me that the more brightly colored ones would be the more poisonous ones and its pretty rare that it will poison you. Just remember to wash your hands after handling them! haha

google paly toxin.
all zoas and palythoa are potentially dangerous. just don't take them out of the tank and squeeze them on to your peanut butter sandwich!
seriously though, if you are going to be fragging, like the above story, you should use a face shield, because when cutting them, they can squirt. also gloves if you have sensitive skin.

mr_X said:
google paly toxin.
all zoas and palythoa are potentially dangerous. just don't take them out of the tank and squeeze them on to your peanut butter sandwich!
seriously though, if you are going to be fragging, like the above story, you should use a face shield, because when cutting them, they can squirt. also gloves if you have sensitive skin.

Wow .. Thanks for pointers

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

I will norbert fragging .. Especially after this info ;()

N another one

Attachments

• image-3209110007.jpg
    image-3209110007.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom