New Affys Added :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kdpuffer said:
Merry Christmas roach. I hate to say it but your compressiceps isn't a comp. it does look similar but by the appearance of it I would say it comes from lake Malawi. I've attached a photo of mine along with yours for a comparison.

merry christmas to you too kd!!

& thanks but i'm preeeeetty sure mine is the same as yours, or a gold face.. he's only 1inch AT THE MOST though so he wont look like yours for a long time

they seem to have the same mouth; just mines tiny :)

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
she is a stunner, i dont usually much like the strawberries, but she changes my mind!!

get anything cool for xmas?x

thanks mbf!! she has all her scales outlined in pink w/ an all white body & pink face.. best female strawberry i've ever seen but still looks like dookey so i KNOW she's female lol

& for xmas, i got my cichlid stones from the girlfriend along w/ a dope coat & a new garmin gps.. & my folks got me a new dvd burner for my bootleg p90x & zumba business haha

how bout you? anything crack-tastic? :)

sounds like u had fun with ur prezzies :D

best of all i got the Dwarf Flags from my best friend, i adore them! but i also got over £200 from parents, family and friends, and dvds and wicked cool socks ;P things like make-up, choccy, mp4, manicure set... s'all good haha

i agree with ronz on this sorry, he does seem to have a calvus. iv found some pics of gold calvus cichlids that look like Ronnie's, and they were just at the top of google images so they must be sorta common to look like that when they are small.
imagesCAEQ3LIY.jpg

01_07_009[1].jpg

hope this helps, and i DO NOT mean to offend anyone! x x x

yeah kd, mine looks just like the one in those pics, just smaller & with less striping

thanks for lookin out though, homie ;)

& thanks for havin my back, mouthy!!! LOL!!!

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
i got yo back homedog.

is the cherry red coloured up a bit? and is it defo male or female? x

lol

& its still pretty orange, possibly even lighter lol but still gorgeous!!

not really sure on sex yet, i'll probably vent sometime this week ;)

cool! id love too see the gender differences with a cherry red, considering the normal red's have a paler male... hmm this fish may be out to trick us :L x

i hope its female!!! if not, my ratio just went from on the boarder to bad lol

my lfs guy at waterbury aquarium says 20 affys is acceptable / needed for a 55gal stock.. i'm at 16 & think i'm already too packed lol

the 3 new additions seem to have knocked out any aggression throughout the ranks :) .. i kinda want to add 2-3 more females though to get my ratio back in check ...

i'm scared my bioload would be nuts w/ 19 though.. i got enough poop as it is with 16 LOL

I think your right and I'm wrong, the fins on mine are really dark so the or iridescent spots on yours threw me off.

no, i dont think u were really wrong kdpuffer, u just hadnt had another comparison to look at. ur comp is absolutely stunning, and it was fair enough to asuume something as odd-balled as his wasnt a comp :p xxx

Back
Top Bottom