New angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
Went to the Anniversary Sale today at That Fish Place. I picked up this nice fat 4 1/2" female lamarck angel (genicanthus lamarck)....for $19.99! Full grown it will be about 9". She's in the qt and looks pretty good.

lamarck1_4-08.jpg

lamarck2_4-08.jpg

And even tho this isn't a new addition, (my wife bought it for my last Fathers Day) I've only seen it out during the day 2 or 3 times. I guess this was my tease for the year.

linkia_4-08.jpg

CC just make sure that you keep Alge sheets in the tank as she will eat your corals, mine had ate a whole xenia and some star polyps. Otherwise a ver pretty fish and congrats on the pickup

Thanks. So far it's eating frozen in the qt. It's not very shy either, suprisingly.

Sassy...do you still have one? What you mentioned about eating coral goes against everything I've read about them, but of course nothing is guaranteed with any fish. From MarineDepot......."The Genus of this species is very unlike its other full sized relatives as this Genus feeds on Zooplankton, not Sponges, Corals or any other sessile Invertebrate. The Lamark Angel is an excellent candidate for mixing not only with other Angels, but is also an excellent candidate for a Reef type aquarium." And from LiveAquaria....."Fish of the genus Genicanthus are the only zooplanktivores among the angelfish."

I had one and read quite a bit that they don't generally bother corals, but we all know, each fish has their own personalities. Nice pick up.

cc, no I don't have her any longer, as I had lost her to the hydro she got to close to it and could not get away from it.

Thanks. It's a cool looking coral. I bought it from a lfs.
Here's what it looked like when I bought it a few yrs ago.

pachyseris-a.jpg

Thanks all.
Little update. The angel did great for 2 weeks in qt. Eating like a pig and always out in the open and not hiding. This is not a shy fish. I took the angel out of the qt early Sat AM and put it in the tank well before the lights came on.
The tang was not happy...to say the least. The angel is bigger and good thing. They went at it virtually all day Sat. The tang got in a few good rips on the tail of the angel and the angel broke off one of it's dorsal spines on the tang. I think the day long battle ended in a draw. Sunday they were tolerating each other. Both look a little beat up, but no major damage. When I put some nori in the tank, the angel was the 1st to feed.....which never happened before. The tang always ate 1st and the others waited till it backed away. Maybe a change in tank dominance?

where are you from cccapt?

im also from northeast pa. my name is also larry, and im also a flyers fan... now its getting weird haha

where are you from cccapt?

im also from northeast pa. my name is also larry, and im also a flyers fan... now its getting weird haha
I live near Wilkes-Barre.

How about them Flyers! wooohooooo
I hope to be at the home game on Tues in Philly. They can definitely beat the Pens, but I don't think anyone can touch Detroit.

personally i think dallas is gonna win the cup this year... im from bangor... about 10 miles south of stroudsburg... not far from ya... small world

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom