New angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettyvacant

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I purchased a baby angelfish. I noticed the tail was a bit torn, but other than that, it seemed healthy. I asked the girl at the store if Melafix would solve the problem.

I read on my melafix bottle that you can add 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons when adding new fish. So if i do this, can i put it in my 29 gal or should i be putting this in my qt ?

If I were you i'd put it into the QT first, then when the tails all healed up, acclimatize him for a while in the bag that he/she came in from the shop full of water from your QT then after 30mins let him/her in, remember to keep a close eye on him/her :)

When I bought my angel, he was a little roughed up, but he healed perfectly within a week or so. Just make sure to keep your water clean and keep an eye on the rest of the fish to make sure they don't pick on him.

well the thing is, my qt is very cloudy for some odd reason. today i took half of the water out of my qt and replaced it with a bucket of water from my 29 gal and ive been letting it run for a couple of hours now. i have no idea why it is cloudy. should i put the angel in anyway?

I think your angel will be fine in the main tank... of course, take this with a grain of salt because you never know what you get with new fish. I've been pretty lucky so far *knock on wood*

Back
Top Bottom