New aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beckins

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,:fish1:
So my new aquarium is in the post, its the Interpet fish pod 120L. (80cm length, 55cm height, 43cm width). approx 26.5 Gallons.

Ive bought an air pump to add some cool air bubble features (also hear they are good for oxygenating) and i plan to have fake plants only at the moment.

Ive done some research and understand about the basics i think, water changes, maintenance etc i am just looking for advice on my potential choice and quantity of fish, all advice appreciated as i am a total newb to all this.

So these are the fish and QTY i am looking at-
[FONT=&quot]Sunburst platy x 2
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Red tailed platy x 2[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]neon tetra x 6[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]pin stripe butterfly plec x 2[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]neon blue dwarf gourami x 1[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]galaxy rasbora x 3[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]blue moscow guppy x 2[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Is this too many for my tank or acceptable?:confused:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Are there any personality clashes there?:banghead:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Also what order to add to the tank as i read to add fish gradually to ensure the tank is OK etc.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]From what i read a good pH level to maintain would be around 7 for all these fish as an average, and a tank temperature of around 24 degrees C seems to be within range for most of them?
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance!
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Becky :fish1:
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]

You got a bubbler... do you also have a filter?

6 is the minimum for neons, but they do better in larger groups. Same for the galaxy rasboras. There's a chance the dwarf gourami will go after them as well-- galaxy rasboras are really tiny.

so the tank comes with a cf3 filter and heater I believe :) so maybe up the rasboras and ditch the gourami. Still learning alot about all this, I now also realise water hardness makes a difference to what you can keep, I live in a moderately soft water area according to my water peeps.

Get rid of all your livebeares

You canning know for sure that your getting both the same gender and there fore will have babies and die of stress and you prolly do no have the room if you decide to ge the appropriate ratio of livebeares 3f to 1 m

Back
Top Bottom