New arrivals...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwell1295

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Christmas came early this year. A group of Demasoni just arrived in my office.....shipped overnight from Bluegrass Cichlids in Louisville, KY.

I was a little worried because today is the coldest day we've had so far this year (21* this morning), but they got here okay. I took them out just long enough to make sure they were all alive (they were) and to snap a few pics. I put them bag back into the styrofoam box. They'll stay there until I get them home. I can't wait to get home and get them in the QT tank. I just hope I don't get a speeding ticket! :lol:

img_743491_0_e79cd30d2af481d68e6ca6aab0b3f796.jpg

No, I have an empty 29gal tank.....they are going in there as the only fish in the tank. I've read on various sites that this will work as long as there is enough rockwork for them. They are one of few species of dwarf mbuna that can be kept in a tank that size. I just hope it works out...

Excellent!!! I shoulda taken a pic of my newbies the other day. I got 4 female Apistogramma trifasciata to keep my 2 males entertained. I never thought to take a pic in the bag (i'm a moron) cause I'll never get a pic of them in the tank.

I get my fish shipped to me at work too. LOL everybody here thinks I'm nuts....they are probably right!!! LOL

Nice score, dude. Show us some pics when installed in the 29!!!

No, I have an empty 29gal tank.....they are going in there as the only fish in the tank. I've read on various sites that this will work as long as there is enough rockwork for them. They are one of few species of dwarf mbuna that can be kept in a tank that size. I just hope it works out...
Awesome...I kinda thought that is where they might go. Demasoni are beautiful Mbuna and like you said, are great as a species tank.

I get my fish shipped to me at work too. LOL everybody here thinks I'm nuts....they are probably right!!! LOL
I took your advice Melissa and had the Malawis I got online shipped to my work. Thats the way to do it IMO, if you are at work all day!

I look forward to pictures of them in the tank maxwell! :)

Very nice fish! I was under the impression that Bluegrass Cichlids was located in Lexington, not Louisville- I looked into ordering some N. pulcher "daffodil" from them last year when I was still in Bloomington, but ran out of room for any more tanks!

Yeah, nothing gets you through a long workday like having fish in a baggie on your desk. LOL You will NOT believe the lengths I've gone through to get fish in my office safe and sound. I've walked miles.....bird dogging down any mailman I saw, and showed up @ the post office at the butt crack of dawn to get fish. LOL I'm a sick puppy. Fish shipping is a tricky thing. IMO

I just can't wait to see thse fish in his 29.....after QT of course.

Actually, I didn't have to QT them. The tank they went into was empty, I just wasn't sure whether I would have the rockwork done in time. I donated some fish to a local volunteer fire department that was looking for fish in craiglist. I gave them some zebra danios, cherry barbs, and a pearl gourami. The remainder of the fish from that tank went into my 46G, so the Dems are in the 29G as I type. I will be sure to get some pics up this weekend. So far, they seem pretty comfortable....and surprisingly peaceful too. Still exploring their new surroundings....

Those are some gorgeous fish. Kind of makes me want to go with ARLC instead of Dwarfs. I look forward to seeing some pictures of them in their new home.

How many in the group? You need at least 10 to spread the aggression around sufficiently to keep from ending up with 1 in the long run.

I ordered 12, but Eddie from Bluegrass sent me an extra one....I call them the "Lucky 13". :)

Here are some pics of the tank...

img_744488_0_b9d916db7b6e787ea429bc6f9d17222e.jpg

img_744488_1_ecd47a9ccca2180bb66cb14972805690.jpg

img_744488_2_f92c73fcea6a7bdc2db36038b4e39801.jpg

img_744488_3_b3fb8524cc2d0fbbf410404eb7477f96.jpg

img_744488_4_b3892c85d4700c3d3e9eefc97518f477.jpg

img_744488_5_39e39f92a0243ec46325b44c615d0dcf.jpg

They are some cool little fish. The tank is the bedroom, so we have been spending more time in there, which isn't a bad thing! :wink:

In its former life (community planted), the 29 gal tank was the "lost stepchild". The 46g and 55G (both in the living room) took away the focus. It was a forgotten tank and the neglect showed in the plants (no ferts, no CO2, cheap lighting, etc.) The rebirth has really done it some good.

Back
Top Bottom