New baby pangasius

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had just purchased my new pangasius today at my LFS. While inspecting him in the store his colors were nice and dark like how it should be no signs of disease I could see. Once I let him sit in the 75g tank for 10 mins I released him out of the bag and his colors had greatly changed on his head, body, dorsal fin. I'm very unsure if it's stress or had some bacteria problem I couldn't see till now. He's housed now with a rainbow shark 2 angel fish and a pleco. He will be moved eventually once he's a bit bigger, to my 200g tank in the living room. So is it a stress coat or something I should really worry about? I added a little aquarium salt in my tank just incase and bumped the temp from 74 to 78 for now.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130630_172102.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130630_172102.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 51
It's probably stress associated with a new tank. He will need a bigger tank since this is a very active and social species

It's probably stress associated with a new tank. He will need a bigger tank since this is a very active and social species

Yeah me and my dad kept one before and he was a crazy thing haha. They are very gentle fish though in my experience but if it's just a stress coat then I'll give him some time to see how he does.

This fish is almost always swimming and will eat smaller fish so your rainbow sharks will be on the dinner plate when your fish gets bigger

This fish is almost always swimming and will eat smaller fish so your rainbow sharks will be on the dinner plate when your fish gets bigger

Ik he's a baby now though. Like I said he will be housed with bigger fish later.

Back
Top Bottom