"New" BEAUTIFUL fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
This probably is not rreally new. My LFS says it is but I doubt it. They call it a blue eyed rainbowfish. It is gorgeous! They are asking like 14 bucks a pop though.... I saw them on that pet place but the colors are a little different. I am posting a link to a grwat pic at the end of this thread. They are the ones that say Australian Blue Eyes. The ones at my LFS are not THAT colorful but have a subtle gorgeous color and pattern.
Australasian Blue-eyes (Rainbowfish)
Tell me what yall think and where I can get them cheap! Also if I got them they would go in my 26 baowfront nano planted tank. So would they be good with scarlet badis and sparkling gouramis?

I wish our LFS stocked those - even at $14. We have three types of rainbows here (I have a weekly circuit of the 4 LFS's in my area) - Bosemani's, Australian, and Turquoise. They charge $13 for young Bosemani's...:confused:

I think Severum Mamma has some for sale. Yes they would be good with the gourami and badis. They need to be in groups. Good luck!

Thanks! I have been hoping to find a small pretty schooler and this fits the bill!

I sell them for $9. $14 seems high to me. I think they would do fine with your other fish.

9 dollars is still high for my budget. I would love some bet cant drop alomost 100 dollars on a decent school. Thanks though! But 9 is much better than 14 lol Are yours as colorful as the pic on the link I posted?

I may buy some from that pet place when they get them in again. They dont look exactly the same oin color but they would probably still be pretty. They are only 3 bucks their....then theres shipping....... Do you breed all these fish? lol

The pic looks photoshopped IMO. Here is what ours look like.

img_1753579_0_3a0d7cd562b4fc7aa7e94c2d6198cc63.jpg

That is what the ones on that pet place look like. The ones at my LFS dont have the yellow orangish color. Its wierd how many different looks you can find for one species lol

Great schooling fish. The males really colour up great in the warmer months, feeding them some live food helps with the colour.

Nice find (y)

Thanks! They are just expensive lol I may try and find them cheaper elsewhere. One of my LFS seems cheaper on some fish than the other.

Thanks! They are just expensive lol I may try and find them cheaper elsewhere. One of my LFS seems cheaper on some fish than the other.

Such a shame they are so expensive over there but if you can find some they are definatley worth it.

Couple of weeks ago I caught some P. Mellis in a river 2 hours away, there were thousands of them! Shame I had to put em back, such a beautiful fish.

Hope to see some pics when you find some more!

Pseudomugil mellis are called Honey Blue Eyes, they are listed as an endangered species by the IUCN. They were first thought to be a different colour variation to the Pseudomugil signifer(pacific blue eye).

The range and distribution of these little fish is limited and due to modified river systems and competition with introduced species, they are considered extreamly vulnerable. Always get a kick when i see them thriving in some areas :)

img_1762255_0_d65ad4fc5e9f597c0bbd0536ba276daf.jpg

Seet fish. I was gonna say grab some but didnt know they were endngered...

Back
Top Bottom