New Betta Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful betta. He's better than he was but I agree with an even bigger tank if possible. Looking at the pic it looks like a full hood or are there gaps I can't see. I'd be concerned about not enough air if it is a full hood since you don't have a filter yet. I may be way off on that but thought I'd throw it out there.

shellieca said:
Beautiful betta. He's better than he was but I agree with an even bigger tank if possible. Looking at the pic it looks like a full hood or are there gaps I can't see. I'd be concerned about not enough air if it is a full hood since you don't have a filter yet. I may be way off on that but thought I'd throw it out there.

It is a full Hood but if you look at the picture I left air at the top for him to get air.

vanimal said:
It is a full Hood but if you look at the picture I left air at the top for him to get air.

Yeah I saw that but I'm talking about fresh air getting in. You know how there's only so much oxygen in an enclosed space & since you don't have anything adding oxygen to the water right now I thought it might be something to be concerned about.

Walmart had a deal on tank-kits. Mine was a 5 gallon tetra kit, came with the tank, hood, lights, the filter, and some sample water conditioners all for a about 25 bucks. My betta has been really happy in it. The only thing was that the filter was a bit strong for the betta as they like calm waters. So I ripped a piece of a plastic bottle in half and worked out a little blockade for the water so it didn't just shoot straight out of the filter. And I picked up a submersible heater for less than 15 bucks. Now I only do water changes once a week as opposed to 2-3 times a week and my betta is happy.

image-2650301130.jpg

I have a betta in a 10g and I have the egg crate/light diffuser over the tank to help with oxygen getting in.

He is eating better now and seems pretty happy. He built a bubble nest in the corner is this good?

Don't forget bettas need a heater too, unless the room temperature is 78.

Laser said:
Don't forget bettas need a heater too, unless the room temperature is 78.

Yeah I live in Florida so I don't have to heat any of my tanks. Mine are usually 78-82 degrees Fahrenheit.

He's absolutely beautiful! Probably one of the most beautiful bettas I've ever seen, besides my halfmoon plakat but no offense intended lol.

That's a nice nest Hun. Mine has 2 on the go right now. They are so Fun to watch. :)

Psh, my bettas don't make any bubble nests. Maybe my filters are too strong for them. I'm thinking about switching them to sponge filters.

Psh, my bettas don't make any bubble nests. Maybe my filters are too strong for them. I'm thinking about switching them to sponge filters.

Same here for my bettas with the stronger filters. The ones with the smaller filters with less flow build bubble nests, but the other two don't :(

Same here for my bettas with the stronger filters. The ones with the smaller filters with less flow build bubble nests, but the other two don't :(

I have 2 10 gallons with aqueon 10's on them. I can't get the current to slow down. I've tried the stupid pop bottle trick and a pre-filter sponge but it doesn't work.

I'm using azoo palm filters but it's a little much for the small tanks I keep them in. I'm hoping when I upgrade to 5.5 gallon tanks it'll help.

Update! I've done 3 water changes so far and he seems to be doing pretty good. His favorite food is blood worms by far!

image-3280040193.jpg

image-4428565.jpg

Back
Top Bottom