New betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I just got back from my lfs down the street and I brought back a Betta that was crammed in a small little thing inside a tank. He was flarin at the other Betta beside him. So now he is in his own 10 gallon tank with the light off so he gets accustomed to it. Anyone have any pointers on bettas? All water parameters were met. I just hope he lives long and enjoys his tank. I have the water at a trickle and lots of space to swim so I hope I'm doing good

Tank is fully cycled, it's current inhabitants are 3 cherry barbs( school dissipated for no reason) one male betta and apple snails. I'll eventually redo the tank and kind if turn it into a small community 10 gallon

Chronos313 said:
Tank is fully cycled, it's current inhabitants are 3 cherry barbs( school dissipated for no reason) one male betta and apple snails. I'll eventually redo the tank and kind if turn it into a small community 10 gallon

I've heard barbs are nippers? If so it could be a bad thing having em with the Betta

They like warmer temps at 80*F and slow moving water surface. A cave or something to hide in and large leafed plants to rest on are appreciated. They are prone to bloat if over fed. Their stomach is about the size of their eye so 2-3 pellets daily are enough. One day of fasting also helps prevent it. Keep nothing sharp in the tank like plastic plants so they can't tear their fins.

So far there's no aggression in the tank, the moment there is out they go, I do have some plastic plants which I will be swapping out for silk or real once payday hits. I'm trying to get some pics but at the moment he is camera shy

Chronos313 said:
So far there's no aggression in the tank, the moment there is out they go, I do have some plastic plants which I will be swapping out for silk or real once payday hits. I'm trying to get some pics but at the moment he is camera shy

Yeah that's good. Most fish are camera shy the first week

Back
Top Bottom