New Biocube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some pics

Attachments

• 20130218_193524.jpg
    20130218_193524.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 20130218_170639.jpg
    20130218_170639.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 219
Looking great!

Thank you so much :)

Some more info about the tank:

Lighting - power compact lighting 2x36watt 10k and actinic
Fliter - Removed all filter media/ modded back to fit Aqua C remora in chamber 2
Flow - 2 Koralia Nano 240gph with upgraded return pump split flow

Stock - 1 Clarkii 1 Lawnmower Blenny
- CUC - Various hermits, Nassarious snales, Skunk and Peppermint shrimp

Coral - Frogspawn(green/pink), Leather Toadstool, Green mushrooms, and some purple clove polyps.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130221_200407.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130221_200407.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 164
  • ForumRunner_20130221_200429.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130221_200429.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 154
  • ForumRunner_20130221_200417.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130221_200417.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 165
Any ideas what to add next stock wise?

My next project for it is definitely going to be upgrading the lights. Im thinking one of the rapidled retrofit kids. Thoughts on those?

Looks nice so far.... Your gonna definitely gonna want to upgrade your lighting. Can you take pics and explain your mod/mods. I use inTank's media basket, no skimmer, heater in chamber 1, upgraded return pump (maxi jet aka cobalt 1200) and one MP10 set on 70% lagoon mode.

Updated Bio Cube 29 - YouTube

Your tank looks awesome. What lights did you put in there?

As for my mods I cut out the canopy to fit the skimmer. And I removed the trays in the chamber below it. So far its working great. I'm considering putting in some egg crate to suspend some filter floss right below the skimmer. Gotta replace my cooling fans soon too. Friggen things are LOUD.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130223_193811.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130223_193811.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 153
Your tank looks awesome. What lights did you put in there?

As for my mods I cut out the canopy to fit the skimmer. And I removed the trays in the chamber below it. So far its working great. I'm considering putting in some egg crate to suspend some filter floss right below the skimmer. Gotta replace my cooling fans soon too. Friggen things are LOUD.

They are loud all the more reason to toss them. I went with the AI SOL BLUE LED fixture with controller. I love the inTank media basket and for the rest I just added live rock rubble.

They are loud all the more reason to toss them. I went with the AI SOL BLUE LED fixture with controller. I love the inTank media basket and for the rest I just added live rock rubble.

Do the leds come in a kit or how did you mod them in? Are you still using tge bioballs in chamber 2?

Wow. Amazing resource. Thank you so much :)

Your very welcome! Also please feel free to add to it. Any mods you made that haven't been explained. I want that thread to have it all so people with the cube have one place for info to go. Pics, videos whatever. Feel free.

Your very welcome! Also please feel free to add to it. Any mods you made that haven't been explained. I want that thread to have it all so people with the cube have one place for info to go. Pics, videos whatever. Feel free.

You're starting to sound like a sales rep for the bio cube...! (y)

Is the media basket made to replace the bio balls altogether? If so does anything else go in tht space?

Yup it replaces them and next to the media rack you have 2 options. The inTank fuge or DIY fuge or... Just stick a bunch of live rock rubble there.

Yup it replaces them and next to the media rack you have 2 options. The inTank fuge or DIY fuge or... Just stick a bunch of live rock rubble there.

And this is better then the stock bio balls why? Thanks convict. Hope u got a chance to read my msg.

And this is better then the stock bio balls why? Thanks convict. Hope u got a chance to read my msg.

Yes I did. Sorry for delay. I'll respond tonight with answers. Why is the rock Better then those plastic bio balls. Those bio balls all packed I there will eventually build up nitrates. With the live rock in there it will add to your filtration plus those bio balls after a while will need to be cleaned and you can't clean them all, you'll have to clean a little at a time.

Live rock rubble is much better IMO.

Wouldn't the rubble trap a bunch of detritus too? Do you need to clean it? Why put LR in there when you have a bunch in the display?

Back
Top Bottom