new blue glofish a flop???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was at my lfs about 3that weeks ago and noticed that the glofish tank had a sign on it...upon reading I had discovered that they were coming out with a new blue glofish!! I was beyond thrilled because I love the florescent colors of the glofish. Well I went back today after verifying that they had them....what a disappointment. I hope that perhaps because this is the first "batch" of them that they will fix the issues..but instead of being neon blue, they are a denim blue..with little to no florescent color to them...they are also relatively old for being a "new"color. I will be uploading pics within the next day or so...

ya,pics!id get glofish,but the only place that sells them near me lists them as fancy danios and charges 12 bucks each.

still trying for aa decent pic..trying to get one of the blue next to one of my other glofish to give a good idea of color and brightness...

They have 14 different colors of glofish at my lfs. All of them are an inch long about and 69 cents each

Mine has pink yellow orange green purple blue red marune black white brown and mixes of colors it is a shop run by a local breeder and everyone goes thrre

They have 14 different colors of glofish at my lfs. All of them are an inch long about and 69 cents each

are you sure they are glofish?? from my understanding glofish are lab fish.. meaning they were pretty much designed in a lab..and up until the blue color...there was only red,orange and green.....if you do indeed have all these dif colors. im extremely interested in working out a deal to get my hands on some dif colorss..

you guys are soooo lucky i don't have a store around me that sells them but up in Sonora (near Yosemite not in Mexico) they have the hot pink ones for like $13.99 but that is like 6 1/2 hours from were i live
*update*
i just found a great picture of the blue glofish on Google
http://www.glofish.com/display.asp

Last edited:
dorkfish, I could prob ship you some for less than that lol and it'd save you a long drive

The blue is still pretty, but I don't care for the yellow faces. If they were blue with the red or white faces, I'd like to get a school of them. I think I'll wait until they've been around awhile and have the kinks worked out.

Does anyone else think it's weird that glofish are just modified zebra danios, which are blue anyway? So why would they make a blue one?

When I was little my sister won some glofish at a carnival. She had four, a green one, a pink/red one, a blue one, and a purple one. I remember because we named them Seaweed, Barbie, Midnight, and Lavender. Could that be right, or is my memory just playing tricks on me?

he orange pink and green ones are the lab ones while other colors like purple are variations of the colors from breeding. i dont know about blue though

Does anyone else think it's weird that glofish are just modified zebra danios, which are blue anyway? So why would they make a blue one?
Yep. My personal opinion is that they are tacky, but I don't have a serious ethical issue with them. It's sad that the trade is going in this direction, though, there was a news report last year of different glow in the dark cichlids. I recall seeing an angelfish.

When I was little my sister won some glofish at a carnival. She had four, a green one, a pink/red one, a blue one, and a purple one. I remember because we named them Seaweed, Barbie, Midnight, and Lavender. Could that be right, or is my memory just playing tricks on me?

They were likely dyed/injected fish. They've been dying/injecting glassfish and tetras for years. Glofish don't have a purple strain, and because of the branding they are much more expensive than the injected/dyed fish are.

Back
Top Bottom