New bubbler stressing out fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaygunK

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i just put a cute little clam blubber ornament in my tank. I thought my fish would love it, but they are all keeping their distance and hovering on the other side of the tank.

This is the first bubbler thing i've ever had. I thought it would be good for them and they would enjoy it. Any thoughts? Do you have a bubbler? Do your fish seem to like it? :ermm:

Thanks-
Reagan

fyi:
29 gallon tank
mix of tetras, mollies, platys, danios

Maybe the bubbles are strong? Are they making a lot of noise (the bubbles, not the fish ;))? You could get an air valve adjuster, it can reduce the flow some. Petsmart should have a bunch of them in a package for few dollars. You could wait and see if they get used to it. If not then maybe they don't like it. Most of my fish don't seem to mind it and some of my fish even play in it.

Yeah, the bubbles are making some noise. They are pretty big bubbles too. It's even rocking the water at the top, is that normal? A couple of them have come around already, but half of them still seem freaked out. I just give them a while and see how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom