new canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpikeyThC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I just found out my old ehiem classic is dead. I was thinking of picking up the marineland c220.

What do u guys think?

Well I dont know why but I may (or may not) be the only person to have a bad experience with ehiem...but what I know is I have a few Rena XPs and I love them to death they work like a charm! Gets my vote! :D

I have been using a Marineland Magnum 350 with dual biowheels for 5 years and it works great and is vitually silent. You can't hear it unless you open the door.

just wondering... which eheim did you have and how long did it last?

ive always loved eheim.... i dont think i would ever switch.

They are great canisters actually. I fiddled around with my 2213 and replaced the impeller. It now works better than new :) Only cost me 30 bucks to fix.

I have had it for over 2 years and i bought it used for 40 bucks with my 45 gallon tall tank and stand.

Cheers.

Thanks for the replys

Thanks guys. I managed to fix my issue for 30 dollars.

i replaced the impeller. Aparently it was worn. I thought it was a long shot but it worked out.

Great, I asked because if someone had the same problem they might read this link and maybe save them a few bucks.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom