New Centerpiece ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
Yes, the internet is a mess of conflicting info sometimes. Lol. It's definitely good to ask on here though, there are a lot of discus keepers. I also suggest searching through the discus threads and looking for other discus-knowledgeable members who are still active and you can PM them for additional help. There is a little search tab on the top strip of the page that comes in handy for me all the time. :)
As for the lfs guy, maybe you should get him a book about rays for his next birthday. ;)

Well I'm actually on my phone using the app so it's a little different but ill check out the website

Good idea on the book too! :)

I know I'm new to discus but I've been talking with a lot of people that have had discus for years around my area and I've been learning all I can over the last couple months and up in till now I've been told by everyone that the young ones do better with transitioning and just general hardiness and I know the 2 big ones I have now took a while to eat normally and my 2 little ones have been eating since the day I put them in. No disrespect I am a noob when it comes to discus but this is what I've been told and it seems from what I see so far that it seems to be the case but honestly it all seems everyone has different cases and different opinions based on their experiences . But I know one thing there the best friggin fresh water fish out there if u ask me lol.

Jesselav1233 said:
I know I'm new to discus but I've been talking with a lot of people that have had discus for years around my area and I've been learning all I can over the last couple months and up in till now I've been told by everyone that the young ones do better with transitioning and just general hardiness and I know the 2 big ones I have now took a while to eat normally and my 2 little ones have been eating since the day I put them in. No disrespect I am a noob when it comes to discus but this is what I've been told and it seems from what I see so far that it seems to be the case but honestly it all seems everyone has different cases and different opinions based on their experiences . But I know one thing there the best friggin fresh water fish out there if u ask me lol.

Thank you for your information!! Kinda makes my decision that much harder haha but nah it's okay, ill figure out what I'm gonna be doing eventually.... hopefully haha

I'm not trying to make it sound like stingrays are vicious creatures that attack humans, but you do have to remember that they're called STINGrays for a reason lol that barb is covered in a poisonous mucus. Even if that barb just scratches your skin, you will get a dose of their toxin. I've heard it described as one of the worst pains in the world. I know someone who got "stung" by the method above and he was hospitalized! So you have to remember that it's going to severely limit your ability to work on that tank. You spook the stingray and that tailed gets thrashed around, and you could be in some serious pain! Just a thought I guess

Freakgecko91 said:
I'm not trying to make it sound like stingrays are vicious creatures that attack humans, but you do have to remember that they're called STINGrays for a reason lol that barb is covered in a poisonous mucus. Even if that barb just scratches your skin, you will get a dose of their toxin. I've heard it described as one of the worst pains in the world. I know someone who got "stung" by the method above and he was hospitalized! So you have to remember that it's going to severely limit your ability to work on that tank. You spook the stingray and that tailed gets thrashed around, and you could be in some serious pain! Just a thought I guess

No I know what you're saying, I've owned one before :) cute little guys, just have to be more cautious with them that's all, but thanks for your concern!!

It's not really that bad, I mean in the heart it would be, but I've been stuck and know others who have while in the surf and normally people only go to the hospital if they can't get the barb out themselves or if they are having a really bad reaction to it.

Have stepped on many of them, in most cases though the weird sensation on the foot is enough to jerk back and the fish swims off, they normally don't strike unless pinned or cornered, at least from what I've seen.

I wear ray guards usually. We should patent some ray guard gloves for the aquarium... apparently we'll need them to survive the vicious attacks.

I never said anything about vicious attacks? But thank you for that.....and people react differently to different toxins. People can have allergic reactions to venom and poison. Bee stings are a great example. Once again, I said that you can accidentally get hit by the barb, not that they'll actually try to sting you.

Lol ok calm down everyone, I understand both peoples point of views, and yes some ppl are allergic to the toxins, like the chick at my LFS, she has to carry a pen, shot thing just incase a stingray or lion fish sting her.. crazy stuff lol

Back
Top Bottom