New companions for a 1g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linkarms1314

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I have an empty 1g tank right now in my res room at school and I'd like to have a/some companions for myself when I'm at school. I have a betta in another tank right now but what would be suitable for a tank of that size? Like shrimp, snails, hermit crabs? Or would it have to be only bettas?

Let me know!

I wouldn't recommend anything in there but a few shrimp and a snail. If you have reasonable lighting you can make quite a beautiful setup with some moss, a small piece of driftwood, and maybe an anubias nana. There will be a lot of trimming though :lol:

A betta and some large shrimp would probably work depending on the temperament of the betta. Mine can't be kept with any shrimp because he will just eat them.

A few nerite snails would be a good addition as well.

A betta in a 1g? I'm surprised to see so many people suggest that.

I have 7 Betta all in seperate 1 gallon tanks. WC once a week or two weeks . They are doing good and oldest is now about 3

IMO I wouldn't put a betta in anything smaller than a heated and filtered 5 gallon, maybe 3 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom