new DIY 55 gallon stand and canapy build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I finished the stand and canapy finaly my tank has been up for a year on a metal stand if u like this build I will be more then happy to help u .. so its time to add more stuff to tank right know there's a angel damsel and clown fish about 100 lbs of rock oh and one sand sifter tell me what u all think

Hears finished stand and canapy

Attachments

• .facebook_1910003118.jpg
    .facebook_1910003118.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 213
  • ForumRunner_20111213_122758.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111213_122758.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 206
Well thank you all very much if u guys deside to build one and need help I will do what ever I can I have a book with all the pressures differnt lumber can withstand so we can build one for what ever size u want

You said in another one of your links that you were a carpenter? If so how hard is it to make a stand with minimal tools provided that the local hardware will cut the lumber to any length I need. And to clarify the tools I have to work with are a set of screw drivers, a dremel, and screw gun. I could get a few things more but really don't have the space for anything big or money for anything too much more.

I have a speed square and tape from building my sump so with all my tools and the addition of a hammer it should all work out?

Yes I have a Sump for a 100 gallon under it I used grade a spruce from home depot and rust oleum stain and polyurathene

Ok well I did this backwards but I wanted to paint the background but tank was full so I read to use latex paint and roll it on ill post a pic to show how I had to remove canapy and move stuff to the front while I painted ,tomorrow I hook my Sump up and get rid of the penguin

Well been a while since I updated my 55 thread so I have added a Sump with a 4000hh pump reef octopus diablo xs 160 skimmer two koralia 1050 power heads last night I got my jbj ato and hooked it up as for my stock I got 10 blue hermits 10 astrae snails one snow flake eel 3 clowns a blue damsel a bicolor angel a Kenya tree Orange sponge a coral banded shrimp... With my setup what kinda of further stock do you all recomend tanks aproaching a test old ....any op will be Apr .....

ForumRunner_20120629_160203.jpg

ForumRunner_20120629_160404.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120629_160310.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120629_160310.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 110
How did u make the canopy because I'm trying to make one for myself now but just don't have an idea of how

I used a 1x10 cut them to make a box that sit over the tank then I took 1x1 and nailed them inside 3 inches from the bottom this is what will rest on the tank rim so the canapy don't slide down I then used a 1x4 and cut it to size usings 45 degree angel cuts and capped the top of the canapy with these I cut a door out in front the trimmed it out... My light can't be put in side the canapy so I made it were the light sits down in it only a half inch so the fans are still exposed.

So this is were in at on my 55 .I just added a dual brs gfo carbon reactor yesterday and desided I wanted some more coral so I got some birdsnest and a leather ..hears a pic

ForumRunner_20121015_115336.jpg

Addedsome new coral and my blue streak wrasse got him earring fresh food I make so I introduced him to the reef today

ForumRunner_20130120_150150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom