New finnex planted plus !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added this bad boy yesterday, it would probably look better with a coat of black plasti-dip?? Works well with the finnex!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1411913660784.jpg
    1411913660784.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1411913671651.jpg
    1411913671651.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 66
Rescape time fresh?? Perhaps a sat plus is in order:)

Maybe. Not sure about the light choice just yet. This is what I think I would like my tank to look like:
View attachment 250382
The moss has done well the grasses and Cuba not so much.
Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a great concept, i think you could do a very nice job with something like that. Xmas moss? More of a bonsai type tree?? what are you thinking for lighting? Low tech I'm guessing?

Yeah, I MIGHT be able to pull this off with the existing dual T5 NO. A FugeRay might be too much. Not sure. You'd think the price for some of the earlier Finnex models would drop when the Planted+ came out and the new stuff this fall. Iffy on the CO2. Maybe excel. I just want to see the shrimp. Current tank is a crypt jungle full of MTS.

What size tank is it?

What size tank is it?

My favorite size: 20g long. I'm not familiar with the Current series. May go with the fugeray. Pic of the dark tank:
T5MOXd4.png

I really like the currents, not quite as powerful as the planted plus but a much nicer spectrum, I'd really recommend giving one a try on that tank, under $100... can't go wrong.

I really like the currents, not quite as powerful as the planted plus but a much nicer spectrum, I'd really recommend giving one a try on that tank, under $100... can't go wrong.

Well, if I did get the current, that would give me a FugeRay, planted+, and current (all 30") to use between two tanks. Which Current fixture would you recommend? The planted tank would get the planted+ for sure plus one other fixture. I can swap out the second fixture with the shrimp tank fixture to see what works best for both tanks. Hmmm...
That will have to wait. Need to hang a light from the ceiling, organize a closet (add shelves, clothes hanging pole), install quarter round and hang a mirror. Not watching any NFL as the G-men shamed the maroonskins Thursday night.

I'd reccomend you run the 24-30" current sat plus with your planted plus and move the FugeRay to the shrimp tank.. now quit procrastinating and get to work! I'm in the midst of a major clean and organize campaign, also painting the wrap for my stand, shojld.have that wrapped up today too! Its amazing what can be accomplished when your gf threatens to kill you if tanks arnt presentable..

Brookster is like the little devil sitting on your shoulder. Hes well and truly bashed the angel into submission and now hes set on getting you to spend money Fresh! Hahahaha

Brookster is like the little devil sitting on your shoulder. Hes well and truly bashed the angel into submission and now hes set on getting you to spend money Fresh! Hahahaha

Hey!!! I resemble that facsimile:D I just really like leds and want to spread the joy! 90° at a time... what do you think of the bootleg light sk3lly? Look better jet black?? Or just I just draw the current insignia with a sharpie and call it a day?

Did you make the fixture? Yea defo jet black to match the trim my friend

Did you make the fixture? Yea defo jet black to match the trim my friend

Ofcourse, you think I'd pay for something like that;)

That's what I was thinking! Even more so than OS and BrianNano combined.
Don't worry, I have self control. I just remodeled two bedrooms and am exhausted. A rescape is at least a week or two away at best. I do want a different shrimp tank layout. I want to be able to see them.

I will intently follow a shrimp tank rescape.

New thread for it? Once your ready of course

I will intently follow a shrimp tank rescape.

New thread for it? Once your ready of course

No pressure. Not sure if I will start a new thread or continue on the old one. Thanks in advance for following.

Haha every body loves a rescape/build thread. Its in us aquarists nature to follow them

Back
Top Bottom