New fish and feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know it's normal for some fish to refuse to eat when first placed in a new tank, but I could use some advice if anyone has any tips.

A delicious morsel of garlic-enhanced shrimp drifted right past the nose of my new (one day in tank) Bangghai cardinal. I'm as curious about this behavior as I am about the number of ways there appear to be to spell "Bangghai".

:?: (When) should I be concerned? :?: What should I do??

Thanks in advance.

OK, now a baby guppy just swam by it. THe PJ is chasing the guppy, but can't catch it, but the banger just sits there. The guppy even nipped its fin and it just jerked and turned away.

The guppies have been in there 10+ minutes and are still swimming around. They are VERY small, and easily eaten by the cards, if they so choose.

At this rate, they'll be crab food before the cards get them.

I will tomorrow. I know they are like junk food, though, so i'll try to gut load them in some Selcon and crushed algae flakes for a while before feeding them to the cardinals.

We'll see.

After the lights go out I'll toss in a couple more baby guppies for the night hunt, if indeed cards are more active at night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom